Radmin Server

Radmin Server not starting automatically as a service in release 3.8.64739.471 but starts automatically in release 3.5.55810.439.

Tried to start manually but get this message:-

Could not start on the Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

How is your D+ policy set for c:\windows\sytem32\r_server.exe ?
Are you using version 2.x or 3.x Radmin ?

Access Rights all set to Ask.

Protection Settings all set to No

Running version 3.2

When trying to start manually, Balloon Message says:-

C:/WINDOWS/system32/rserver30/rserver3.exe executes the process C:/WINDOWS/system32/drwtsn32.exe

Regards.

i’m using realVNC, maybe u can give it a try to see if it solves your prob in case u still got the same prob.
but i think there’s something to set with defense+ to start radmin.
did u try to put defense+ in training mode and reboot to see if defense+ is learning something about radmin that actually block on startup ?

I have 3.2.x running here without problems but i also have

c:\windows\system32\rserver30\rsl.exe
c:\windows\system32\rserver30\famitrfc.exe

on the policy.

Put Defense+ in training mode and rebooted - result no change.

Added c:\windows\system32\rserver30\rsl.exe & c:\windows\system32\rserver30\famitrfc.exe to policy - result no change.

Deactivated Defense+ - result Radmin Server starts.

Conclusions:- will revert back to release 3.5.55810.439 7 & await next release or change to another firewall.

Radmin Server works with PC Tools & Online Armor with no problem.

if there’s some problem that really comes from comodo, maybe it will be fixed in some other release.
but as probs most of the time come from the user or his system i’m not sure some fix will come for radmin but we never know, maybe there’s a real prob here.

Have you tried changing The Defense+ rule to ‘Trusted’?

Yes but does not resolve the problem.

Could it be that AV quarantined the Video hook driver ?
It will alert for

C:\Windows\System32\rserver30\WinLpcDl.dll
C:\Windows\System32\rserver30\WinLpcDl2.dll

Or can you try to set Disable defense+ permanently and reboot, see if that helps.

Observations.

Version 3.5.55810.439

Defense+ settings for C:/WINDOWS/system32/rserver30/rserver3.ex with custom policy.

Access Rights/Run an executable/Allowed Applications
C:/WINDOWS/system32/rserver30/rserver3.exe executes the process C:\WINDOWS\system32\rserver30\FamItrfs.exe

Access Rights/Protected Files/Folders/Allowed Applications
C:/WINDOWS/system32/rserver30/rserver3.exe executes the process C:\WINDOWS\system32*

Version 3.8.64739.471

Defense+ settings for C:/WINDOWS/system32/rserver30/rserver3.ex with custom policy.

C:/WINDOWS/system32/rserver30/rserver3.exe executes the process C:/WINDOWS/system32/drwtsn32.exe

C:/WINDOWS/system32/rserver30/rserver3.exe nothing listed

Have tried manually entering settings of 3.5 to 3.8 but still reverts to above.

Regards.

Not running Comodo AV
Disable defense+ permanently definitely works (see previous post)

Regards.

Can you try one more ?

Enable D+ again, and go to settings, monitor untick all options there:
Activities to monitor, Objects to monitor…

Reboot and see if that helps ?

Tried that but scenario still the same

Regards.

Okay then i’ll move this to the bugreports section, can you please provide the following information:

https://forums.comodo.com/bug_report_cis/important_how_to_submit_bugreports_read_this_if_you_want_them_fixed-t26980.0.html

[i]Make sure that this info is placed in all your bugreports even if you join an existing topic to confirm that you are affected too.

* CPU (32 bit or 64 bit)
* Operating System information (including Service Pack Version)
* Actively-running security and utility applications  (Optional if you post a  Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report) 
* Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it (step by step).
* Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
* Brief description of your Defense+ and  Firewall+ mode (Custom, Train with safe) plus mention if you modified any setting in ADVANCED section of D+ and F+ (Optional if you post a  Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report)
* If you pc reboots or you have a BSOD post in  BSODs: Please add your minidump files here
* Report if you are using an Administrator account Or a Limited User account. Vista users please Report if you have UAC Disabled or Enabled (Optional if you post a  Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report) 

NOTE:

* If you can please add screenshots about relevant error dialogs, CFP Log entries or CFP settings or alerts.
  You can attach images clicking the Additional Options... link when you write your post
* If you'll attach a report from Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Reporting Script you can skip Steps 3,6,8.[/i]

Operating System.
CPU 32 bit
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Running Avira AntiVir Premium AntiVirus & SpywareBlaster.

Radmin Server not starting automatically as a service in release 3.8.64739.471 but starts automatically in release 3.5.55810.439.
Tried to start manually but get this message - Could not start on the Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Observations.

Version 3.5.55810.439

C:/WINDOWS/system32/rserver30/rserver3.exe executes the process C:\WINDOWS\system32\rserver30\FamItrfs.exe

C:/WINDOWS/system32/rserver30/rserver3.exe executes the process C:\WINDOWS\system32*

Version 3.8.64739.471

C:/WINDOWS/system32/rserver30/rserver3.exe nothing listed

Have tried manually entering settings of 3.5.55810.439 to 3.8.64739.471 but still reverts to above.
Deactivated Defense+ - result Radmin Server starts.

Defense+ set to Clean PC Mode & Safe Mode.

Using Administrator account.

Version 3.8.65951.477 not cured the problem for me, so it’s back to Online Armor.