Questions about CCS and False positives.

Hello, I have some questions …

Comodo Cloud Scanner can detect viruses and suspicious files as well as Comodo anti-virus?

Comodo Cloud Scanner can scan the computer in depth as Comodo Anti-virus?

Comodo Cloud Scanner found three malware (or suspicious files) on my computer;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqWmiEx.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSMsg.dll

Can anyone tell me if these things are viruses or if they are false positives?

Thank you.

Hi, can I get an answer plz ?

Most definetly false postives :slight_smile:

Yes, most likely false positives.

I’ve also got an HP process (from my HP Deksjet 5940 printer) that is being picked up by CCS (not digitally signed).

:slight_smile:

Drakenine,
Please submit these false positives to Comodo (if you have not done so already).

How to submit a false positive - please submit using one of the following methods:
[ol]- Through the CIS interface using “submit files” under the antivirus tab. (You can submit a file from quarantine, but you cannot designate a file as a false positive when submitting via quarantine).

• Using the Comodo submit webpage.
  • Using the Comodo forums.
  • By e-mail. Compress the false positive file using an archive tool (such as winzip,winrar, etc). Protect the file using the password ‘infected’ (without the quotes) and email it to falsepositive[at]avlab.comodo.com. Use the title “FALSE POSITIVE” on the subject line of the e-mail. If possible, please include the name and ID of the malware that was falsely detected [for example, BACKDOOR.WIN32.XXXXX.XX (ID = XXXXXX)]. Attaching a screen shot would be very helpful. [/ol]

See this post for more detailed instructions.

Thanks

Thank you very much for your answers, but two questions remain unclear to me:

Comodo Cloud Scanner can detect viruses and suspicious files as well as Comodo anti-virus?

Comodo Cloud Scanner can scan the computer in depth as Comodo Anti-virus?

Thanx.

I suppose they both use the same or almost the same signatures :slight_smile:

I believe CCS only scans running processes. The idea is that if you are infected then there will be malicious files in the memory. CCS will then be able to let you know there is a problem so you can take care of it.