Prompt user to Allow or Block Copy/Paste to and from Sandbox via Clipboard

1. What actually happened or you saw:

CIS does not ask for user permission to transfer clipboard data to and from sandbox.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:

CIS should ask the user for permission each time clipboard data is transferred in and out the Sandbox.

Example posted below.

3. Why you think it is desirable:

Being able to copy data in and out of the sandbox is a potential security risk. Regardless if this is done by an application or user.

4. Any other information:

Proposal Prompt To Copy Data Onto System Clipboard

Proposal Prompt To Paste Data Into Sandbox

Credits: pmikep for suggesting this be blocked via a prompt (instead of my idea of an option in the Settings).

Wow - that looks nice! And very ergonomic.

I sometimes copy a page from a website into my word processor. I don’t need to see the whole clip in your proposed solution, just enough that I can recognize that it is what I commanded Comodo to do.

I haven’t tried copying and pasting images from a web browser to an app. I presume it works and I presume that your proposed solution would be able to show a thumbnail? Or enough of a portion of the image so users can recognize it?

What are other types of data that can be copied/pasted from the clipboard? If too many, then perhaps Comodo should simply limit the type to text?

(Or should users be able to set data types somewhere in a Setting?)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

The idea to show the clipboard or what is to be copied to the clipboard comes from the Windows 10 clipboard history feature: Windows 10’s new clipboard takes the pain out of copy and pasting

So I would suggest it display both text and images also.

Hi ReeceN,

Thank you, I will submitted this request to the developers.

Great, thank you! :slight_smile:

This should definitely be an option for individual preference.

Sorry, but copy and past not open in Auto-Containment or sandbox?
NOTE: folders shared allowed “copy and read…” It not safe.

CIS 12.0.0.6798 Beta allowed clipboard copy/paste in and out of the sandbox thus the above request.

There should still be one of those “do not show popup alerts: _____” options for this feature, if it gets implemented.