Programs get internet access even when blocked?

There’s got to be some box or something I haven’t checked. When I get a popup asking whether or not to allow a program internet access I almost always check no and remember my decision but those programs somehow always get access anyway. Just now it asked if Foxit PDF reader could have access, I checked no and remember and in a few seconds a popup from Foxit told me it had downloaded new updates. That’s not the first time I’ve had the same problem.

I’m running XP x64 sp2 with Sprint mobile broadband internet service.

Thanks for any help.

Something is terribly wrong with this firewall. Even programs I’ve defined as a blocked application are still aloud internet access and there’s been no answer to my original question about this. Is Comodo a firewall or isn’t it? Why would I even consider buying the pro version if the free version doesn’t work at all? Someone please answer with at least an idea of why the firewall doesn’t work.

Hello. :slight_smile: I doubt the problem is with CFP, but instead, your configuration. Have you tried Miscallaneous > Diagnostics or maybe a clean reinstall starting with all default settings?

Diagnostics reported ok. I’ll try a fresh install. Thanks for answering. I know most problems like this are usually user errors but I can’t figure out what I might have done.