program wil not run when the firewall is enabled

A program wil not run when the firewall is enabled. Logs say its trying to connect from 127.0.0.1 to 127.0.0.1. I tried putting this as the host name and as a single ipv4. In the single ipv4 it becomes 127.000.000.001

it runs when the firewall it temporarily disabled

Comodo 12.2.2.8012
win 7 64 bit

Hi markcusack,

Thank you for reporting, may i know the program name which is not running while the firewall is enabled ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

iZotope RX 5 Audio Editor. I don’t understand why the name of the program matters. Would it not be the same for any program. it needs to connect on the local loop

How do I enter 127.0.0 it becomes 127.000.000.001

Do you have a “Loopback Zone” defined in the “Network Zones” settings as indicated in attached image?
If not than create it and add/edit the Firewall rules of your apps to connect as follows:

Action: Allow
Protocol: TCP
Direction: Out
SOURCE ADDRESS: Any Address
DESTINATION ADDRESS: “Type → Network Zone”, “Zone → Loopbak Zone”
SOURCE PORT: Any
DESTINATION PORT: Any

127.0.0.1 is equal to 127.000.000.001 and display depends on the input field (see attached image too).

Thanks CISfan
“127.0.0.1 is equal to 127.000.000.001 and display depends on the input field” OK noted

Hi CISfan,

Thank you so much for your support.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

it still won’t run when firewall enabled

Make sure that the “iZotope RX 5 Audio Editor” application is not listed on the “BLOCKED APPLICATIONS” list. If it is listed than remove it and try again.

@CISfan Thanks that was it