Program update fails at 4.1% download

[quote author=gneuner2 link=topic=124238.msg887817#msg887817 date=1557021349]
I am using the 64-bit free version of CIS (firewall 11.0.0.6744) on Windows 7.
Error: 0x80030201 - The file download was aborted abnormally. The file is incomplete.
/quote]

Still failing for me (also in NE USA on Comcast). Per some of the suggestions here, I’ve tried cleaning \temp\TempFiles, and I have no trouble pinging download.comodo.com (178.255.82.5) … there’s no proxy in the way … but I’ve had no luck with the in-program update. I have several machines that I administer/troubleshoot for my family … one of them is pestering to be updated every day.

Obviously, I can turn off check for updates, but then nobody will do it. :frowning: Is there in fact a pending update for 11, or is this repeated failure to upgrade to 12?

George

Hi,

Our developers has made some fix. Could you please confirm that the updates are working for you now.

Thanks,
Metheni R

Finally, yes the update does work now… upgraded to 12.

I don’t have any machines left that need to take the update, but if I use a web browser with a clean cache, I appear to download a better copy of default.set.7z and the file contents have the correct size/hash. I’m betting it would have started working for me now.

For the record, I know how to use the import/export function for settings.

The post pinned to the top of this very forum states that importing an old configuration can cause problems after being imported. Elsewhere on the forum, it’s been stated that when changing from one major version to another, you should not export/import, and that it’s recommended to just fresh install, and apply settings manually.

Either way, security can be compromised, if something fails. I’ve seen first hand what can happen, when computer security gets compromised… Needless to say, repairs, or replacements can be costly, so I tend to err on the side of caution, when it comes to configuration. Never had issues after a successful comodo update, but if I did, a fresh install would be my very first step.

That being said, the update did finally download, after the fix applied by devs. Thanks!