Procedure entry point IsThreadDesktopComposited could not be located in user32.dll (CFP 3.0.9.229)[CLOSED]

When cpf.exe starts, I get an error message: (Windows xp)

The procedure entry point IsThreadDesktopComposited could not be located in
user32.dll.

version of user32.dll is 5.1.2600.3099

version of comodo firewall is 3.0.9229

I just started getting this message too. My searches gave me varied answers but the most common was that installing IE7 was the culprit. This has been installed on my system for months but I just updated it a few days ago and the problem started.

My system is a WinXP Pro SP2 up to date with the latest patches. This is what I found in my searches:

“The problem was caused by the presence of the file DWMAPI.DLL which was installed with IE7.” I checked in C:\Windows\System and found the file. This is a Vista file. Renaming it made the problem go away.

The odd thing is that most of the answers indicated that the file would NOT get installed when installing IE7 on WinXP and that they uninstalled IE7 reverting to IE6 which resolved the problem. This first solution seems much better if you have that file on your system.

Hi,
I have this same resault of upgrading my comodo firewall to v. 3.0.13.268 on my XP HE system.
Due this error “entry point” appears with cfp.exe and also for cfpconfg.exe, I think, that it is only simply bug of comodo aplication v.3.0. This version may be, was prepared for new Vista only and therefore we all user of Windows XP have problems “old library” (:TNG)

Prot from Poland