Problems with scanner in v3 [Merged Threads]

I am also getting the same problem as Dav. I am also running Vista Home Premium 32bit. Mine CFP freezes when it click on the scan button under defense tab.

Did you turn off UAC? Go to control panel/user accounts and there is a convenient link to turn it on and off. If it works for you, you can turn it back on easily after your scan. I never will; but your choice. :slight_smile:

It works fine on my desktop comp you can only do what sded has said in his post above.

Mircrosoft have gone to far with UAC it treats every computer user as a idiot with a loaded gun with UAC in control of the safety catch.
Yes I want to run as adminstrator, yes I want to delete the folder,yes I authorize it.
What does UAC say no you can’t.
To get round this I had to delete all the files in the folder first, then I could delete the folder.
Hopefully they will alter this in SP1.
Dennis

Hi All

Just for the record, I did turn off UAC and it made no difference. The “scan” feature goes nowhere.

Dave

Have you re-booted twice as i read in some other posts you need the second boot for all configurations to take place?

Matty

Greeting,

I’m a new user and very impressed with your program. It has replaced my previous free firewall and I find it much better. However, when I run a scan, it halts when it gets to my Linux partition.

I’ve waited for about an hour and nothing happens. The scan eats up 100% CPU usage and has to be forcefully stopped using ctr/alt/del.

Is there an option for choosing what volumes to scan or scanning individual files or folders?
How about a right-click menu option as with AVG for example.

Otherwise, a great little utility and keep up the good work. I will definitely pass the word around about Comodo firewall.

TIA

Pierre

Hi

I just installed the new CFP 3.0.17.304 but couldn’t run the virus scanner. When I click on the menu option link nothing happens.

Just saw that this was mentioned as being ‘fixed’ in this new version so wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Thanks

Keith

Log on as an admin and turn off UAC and see if it works then.

UAC has been turned off since the first day I used Vista and I’m always logged in as the Adminstrator since I’m the only user on this machine.

I rebooted and now its working fine.

I can now see network defence events and the uploading/downloading colours in the taskbar are now active whereas before this wasn’t working.

Same here, but still doesn’t work after turning off UAC and rebooting…

For me it took a couple of reboots + then things changed. First reboot didn’t do anything.

Very odd…

There’s got to be a way to fix that without switching off UAC

-DG

My UAC has never been on. Turned it off the first time I booted into Vista.

Have had to reinstall a couple of times and it takes two reboots before things start working properly.

I just succeded by uninstalling/re-installing CFP as Admin on Vista Home Premium and as long as I stay in the admin account everyting works.
Then I switched to a regular user account and the problems were right back.

Which leads me to think, the bug must lie in the way, CFP relays the process-call to VISTA.
The pop up for the admin password never came up and Vista simply treated the call as unauthorized execution which it blocks (Windows actually doing what it’s supposed to…WOW…that was a new one for me too :wink:

-DG

Hello,
I’m having the same exact issue as was reported here:
https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t19726.0.html
The topic is closed so I cant comment there.

The “scan my system” does not work, it can be open for hours with 0 files scanned.
I am on Vista. The solution given there is to copy “bases.cav” from \COMODO\Firewall\Repair\ to \COMODO\Firewall\Scanners\

The problem is that I have no \COMODO\Firewall\Scanners\ folder, and I don’t think it should have just that, would it? Where should I copy?

Thanks.

Copy all the files in repair that end in .cav to that folder. Many Vista users also need to be administrator/turn off UAC if you have any problems running it. :slight_smile: