Problem with Daemon Tools

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with COMODO CIS and Daemon Tools. It seems that COMODO identifies Daemon Tools as an unwanted application. Everytime I try to open DTools it says that COMODO isolated it and then I receive an error message saying “This program requires at least windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or Higher.” I can’t remove it as well, since the unninstalling process doesn’t start. My COMODO CIS version is 5.016***** and I’m using Windows 7 x64.

Welcome to the forum thdtjE :slight_smile:

Please read here
https://forums.comodo.com/orphanedresolvedoutdated-issues-cis/daemon-tools-lite-cfp-resolved-t62170.0.html;msg438375#msg438375

Dennis

Hi thdtjE ,

1st if yo search the forum for “sptd” or “Daemon Tools” you’ll find some answers & solutions
(if you need the translation from the Russian section, please ask)

Then, sptd.sys is implemented basically using a rootkit technology in order to be hidden from the system (it’s “pseudo-rootkit” , we may say :wink: )
Sure it is absolutely legit & innocent , but still it will be flagged as a Rootkit by many Rootkit scanners – that is why (probably) Comodo has problems with it

From your message it is not clear what was actually flagged or what kind of alert you’ve got , say from Defense+ or from AV what was flagged /alerted daemon.exe or sptd.sys?
I do not have any problems with the said Software using firewall only v3.14 and Defense+

What you can do:

• set the Application as Installer/Updater if that’s the daemon.exe was flagged
  • Set the Softwre as Trusted - “my trusted Software vendors”
  • add the files (sptd.sys included ) into “my own safe files”
  • Exclude from AV scanning

Hope that will help

But then… you can use other tools in order to mount ISOs. Those a causing no troubles whatsoever without using the technology briefly described above

My regards

p.s. *** edited *** that was in addition to what Dennis2 posted … I didn’t see his post when I was typing :wink:

From the information you have given I am not clear whether this is a bug/issue.

For the moment I will transfer you to help so you can work through this issue and hopefully resolve it. Please ask any mod to move this report back to the bugs forum if it becomes clear that it is a bug/issue.

Best wishes

Mouse