Problem with CSC 2.0. and Vista X64 on INtel i7 system

Hello,

My system:
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Comodo CIS ver. 3.11.108364.552 (fully updated); (Virus Signature Database Version 2169)

The Issue:
I first downloaded CSC ver. 2.0.107697.4 and it ran fine on my system after some initial updating. However, when I clicked the “Check for updates” button, it updated and promptly gave me the following error message:

(File location: C:\Program Files X86 …)
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more information.

I thought I’d post in this forum about my experience when I saw an updated version of CSC (2.0.108716.5) was available. So I downloaded and installed this new version. I was disappointed to see the same error message when I tried to run the application.

Any help or advice will be most welcome. Thank you in advance.
Lane

I get this too, as do a couple of others. See the bug reports stickied at the top of this forum.

Hi,

Try to uninstall CSC and reinstall it again. On my computer it’s worked.

Tried a reinstall on a fresh install of vita x64 to no avail.

Hi,
I read about this today on line. They recommended downloading and installing vcredist_x64.exe.
Installed vcredist_x64.exe. , removed the old version, rebooted and the new version installed. Hope this will work for you.

Hi,

What is vcredist_x64.exe? Did it work on your computer?

Hi,
Yes, it allowed me to install the up-date on my 64bit Vista Home Premium, before i installed it i was getting the same side-by-side issue.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86). It address the side-by-side issue according to the overview at Microsoft Down Load.

Hi,
I must apologize but i entered vcredist_x86.exe on my last post, it should be vcredist_x64.exe, There is one for each system at Microsoft Download Center. Gets confusing.
I am going to ask this question in the bug forum when i find time. I am new to this forum and learning where to post. I hope this works for you. This problem was driving me crazy before i found this on line in another forum.
Good Luck.

You can get the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package here:
for 32 bits (x86): http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en
for 64 bits (x64): http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?familyid=BD2A6171-E2D6-4230-B809-9A8D7548C1B6&displaylang=en .

From the download pages:

IMPORTANT: If you have installed previous pre-release versions of Visual C++ 2008 or Visual Studio 2008, such as Beta 1, Beta 2 or Community Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing the final released version.

Eric,
Thank you for your in-put. It is a great program so far.
Many thank to Comodo Staff for such great free programs.
Keep up the good work.

How come CSC requires this now?

Hello

The latest version of COMODO System Cleaner requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package. This dependence will not be necessary in the future versions of CSC.

Thank You.

Hello,

A sincere “thank you” to everyone for your input. I’ll download the MS software and see how I go.

Thanks, again.
Lane

Hello,

Please download the latest version of Comodo System Cleaner: https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/comodo_system_cleaner_201101586_public_release-t44795.0.html . This version doesn’t require Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package anymore.

Thank you for your support.