Problem with alerts in multi account pc [M867]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: Yes, every time
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    a: I disconnect the 2 account (account A and account B) I have on my Win7 Ultimate x64; I enter in B which has at startup an unknown (but safe) program (autosandbox off and hips on Safe) therefore I expect an alert, but nothing appears and other startup programs don’t show up, and I even login in A but still no alert.
    b: then I disconnect both the account and login in A and then in B: the alert is displayed in A and not in B!
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen: described above
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: didn’t tried
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: -
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc: -
    And another related thing: I did a cloud scan (which found 1 unknown program) and I didn’t changed anything and closed the window, and then I changed the account: here there was still the window of the finished scan!

they clarified that they have 2 accounts. At boot their pc starts automatically with 1 of them (account ‘A’ described in first post of the bug report) without letting them choose which one using the following setting:
In “Run” type in “control userpasswords2”; after creating 2 admin accounts. In the one that doesn’t automatically boot (‘B’) they change the other (‘A’), deselecting “users must enter a user name and password…” and “require users to press ctr+alt+delete”.

They then installed Comodo in ‘B’ with ‘A’ disconnected, then it requests to reboot the pc and of course it starts only with ‘A’.

Also, if the scan doesn’t find anything Comodo doesn’t show 1 window for account. If they run the “rating scan” from ‘B’, and it finds something, (1 unknown but safe file) and they don’t apply any action and close the window (Comodo asks them if they’re sure, and they click yes) and even close the GUI of Comodo from which they started the scan, in ‘A’ there is still the window of finished scan awaiting action (this is a minor issue though).
[/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration: v6.3.302093.2976 with Proactive config, and I just did a clean install, only thing I modified is that I disabled Auto-Sandbox

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: described above, however HIPS on Safe
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): no
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?: no
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:-
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: no
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: -
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used: Win7 Ultimate, SP1, 64, UAC default (enabled), both account are Administrator, no virtual machine
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a=none b=none
    [/ol]

There is one attachment.
EDIT: the diagnostic report is actually made after I changed just little things, like added application in FW and sort…just to let you know it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please attach any relevant log files as well. It would be very helpful.

Also, please check to make sure the file is not in the Trusted Files list for one and not the other.

I’m confused by this issue, and the above information may be very helpful.

Thanks.

Reply in quote.
Also I must add that version 5 didn’t have this issue; and that later actually I got a (legit) alert from different program INSIDE account B, maybe it’s a matter of time passed after switching account, or related to number of alerts, just my 2 cent.
And another related thing: I did a cloud scan (which found 1 unknown program) and I didn’t changed anything and closed the window, and then I changed the account: here there was still the window of the finished scan!

Can you please look back through the Defense+ logs and find the ones which correspond with that file at the time you are describing? Then take a screenshot of that particular section and attach that to your next reply. I need to see that particular event.

Erm…sorry, I’ll make things more clear:
the problem is with alerts in general, infact I had these problems with firewall alerts too: right after connected to B I started in succession Emule and Utorrent, the first that it launched made an alert in A (I heared the sound of the popup) so I switched to A and allowed, and right after I did it, I heard another sound (the alert for the other program was in B!).
Anyway it’s not that the alerts are always in the account I’m not in, it did happen to have an alert in B when I was in this account after quite some time, therefore I made my 2 cents statement before.
However for that program on startup it was like this (screenshot would be useless because not in english :smiley: ):
Type: Defense+ alert
Description: explorer.exe is trying to execute floatled.exe
Advice: explorer.exe is a safe application. however, the executable floatled.exe could not be recognized
(now that I look at it, in english key words of alerts are bolded in the log, and in italian not, weird)

Okay, so to make sure I understand this I will summarize below.

Sometimes you get an alert for a file which does not even exist for that account, but for the other. Sometimes it works correctly and sometimes the alert does not show up for the correct account.

Does that sum this up correctly?

Thanks.

Yes, and let’s not forget that sometimes alerts don’t even show up (case A.3.a in the first post)!

There is a problem with alerts in general, which I described in this thread as far as I saw.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Thank you for your work!
However I’m waiting for the autoupdate, which still says there is no new version; when I’ll install it I will aswer here.

Can I ask where is the detailed changelog? I found only these:
http://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/updates/release/inis_2001/release_notes.html

Also can I suggest to add in Comodo Forum if is better a clean installation or not?

Thank you.

I’m actually not sure where the changelog for this is. I know I’ve seen it somewhere, but I can’t remember where. Sorry.

As for whether you should do a clean install or not, that’s really up to you. However, I always do a clean install with major releases. My experience has shown that sometimes problems are carried over unless a clean install is made.

Thanks.

Hi BEDBOI
https://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/updates/release/inis_3000/release_notes.html

Kind regards.

Sorry for the late, I finally upgraded (made a clean install actually) to v7.0.317799.4142 and:
none of the problems were solved!

I’ve read the whole thread and you can safely assume that every info is still relevant except the new version (also I’ve added 2 attachments here).

Also in the first post maybe it should be added that version 5 didn’t have any of these issues, it maybe could be useful to solve them!

Maybe I should have added this:
I have 2 account, at boot my pc starts automatically with 1 of them (account ‘A’ described in first post) without let me choosing which one using this setting:
in “Run” keying “control userpasswords2”; after creating 2 admin accounts, in the one that doesn’t automatically boot (‘B’) I change the other (‘A’) deselecting “users must enter a user name and password…” and “require users to press ctr+alt+delete”.
I installed Comodo in ‘B’ with ‘A’ disconnected, then it requests to reboot the pc and of course it starts only with ‘A’.
Maybe this isn’t relevant, maybe it is…

Also I refine what I’ve said in https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/problem-with-alerts-in-multi-account-pc-m867-t101998.0.html;msg740833#msg740833:
if the scan doesn’t find anything Comodo doesn’t show 1 window for account. If I run the “rating scan” from ‘B’ finding something (1 unknown but safe file) and I don’t apply any action and close the window (Comodo tell me if I’m sure, I click yes) and close even the GUI of Comodo from which I started the scan, in ‘A’ there is still the window of finished scan awaiting action (this is a minor issue though).

Thank you for checking this. I have updated the first post and updated the tracker.

Thanks again.

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

I switched to Win8.1, but still with the same version of Comodo (v7.0.317799.4142, because of the v8 ADS issue), and this solved the problem of the alerts, but not the one of the scan results.
Regarding the first problem, note that if I remember correctly Win7 is the most used version of Win right now, therefore you should not mark this as fixed, and that you can’t even blame entirely Win since V5 of Comodo didn’t have this issue.

Thanks for letting me know i have updated the tracker.

Please check with Comodo Internet Security V10.0.0.6071 Beta thanks.

Please check with Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 thanks.