Problem connecting my iTunes with my iPhone

I’m sorry if this question has been answered somewhere but I can’t seem to find any discussion on it so I figured I’d ask here.

You see, over the past few days I’ve been looking into cleaning my computer and making it more secure (in large part thanks to the guides that Chiron wrote up). And so I took his advice in cleaning my computer of malware and also setup Comodo Internet Security Firewall, AntiVirus and SandBox.

Anyhoo, since doing this my iTunes no longer recognizes my iPhone as a device (although when I plug in the phone my camera comes up on HD). I did make sure to update my iTunes but the problem still persists. I personally think the likeliest explanation is the Comodo Firewall needs to be configured to allow this. Perhaps I’m wrong but does anyone know how I might fix this?

I’d start Here , and if that’s no good try disabling the HIPS and Sandbox. (Or vice versa)

Thanks, though I’ve somehow managed to make it even worst. I deleted iTunes, thinking I’d just reinstall it and now the installation won’t work due to my system not being updated or whatever. Now I’m frustrated and kind of fed up with Apple products. Been using them since the very first iPod model and every year they just get more complicated with “improvements” and things to cause errors and bugs.

I don’t know, I guess its probably an issue with the software/OS and not the firewall after all. Maybe I somehow caused it as I was cleaning the computer. Either way, I don’t feel like wasting another whole day trying to fix this ■■■■■■■■ little problem now… But thanks for that link for whatever its worth.