problem adding new blocked application

I’ve been trying to add a program to blocked apps, i followed the steps needed but the program still connects to the internet. I used running processes and the browse options but still to no avail can anyone advise pls.

Are you trying to block the application completely or just restrict where it can connect to? If you want to block something from connecting to the Internet entirely, you can simply browse to the executable and add a block as the rule. See the images for an idea of what to do.

[attachment deleted by admin]

hi thanx for the response
im attempting to block a program from updating…i followed your steps but the program is still connecting to the internet am i doing something wrong?

Please post screen-shots of your firewall Application rules and identify which application you’re trying to block.

ok program (iobit advanced system care) updater is blocked ;D,
when clicking on upgrade tab it still connects to there upgrade site which lead me to believe it wasn’t blocked completely as i had blocked ASC.exe plus autoupdater.
On another note I,m unsure on how to post screenshots ???, not sure if this is the time or place for this issue but anyfurther help would be much appreciated.
Thanx MW

How to post a screenshot?

To copy a screenshot of the active window push alt+print screen to copy the active window to the clipboard (pushing print screen will copy the complete window to the clipboard not just the active window). The window is now copied to the clipboard. Paste the image in any image editing program, Paint, Paint.net, the Gimp etc. Use the “crop” function to resize the canvas to size of the image. Now save the file as 32 bits png image.

At the forum push the reply button. Or when using the Quick reply type some text and push the preview button.

Underneath the text box click on Additional options. Push the Choose button and navigate to the file and select it. When you want to post more images click on the more attachments link.

When done typing push the Post or Preview button.

Just to clarify. This is clicking on a upgrade tab within the iobit application? Does the application connect directly, or does it open the web site in your browser?

Edit: As I suspected, it launches the browser. To block this request you’ll have to create a Defence+ rule for the ASC - Register.exe. The rule blocks it’s ability to run executables such as that belonging to your browser.

[attachment deleted by admin]