pro or not?

i have a comodo firewall that is on version 3.8.65951.477, but now i hear that there is a comodo firewall pro. i was just wondering if its just the name that changed or he entire product.
thanks in advance!

Welcome. :slight_smile:

COMODO Firewall Pro is another name for [i]Comodo Firewall /i (these names are not really used anymore)

COMODO Internet Security (free) is what it is currently called (even if just the firewall is installed)
COMODO Internet Security PRO is the paid package. It is the same thing as the free version, except it comes with Trustconnect and LivePCSupport. See here:

Comodo Internet Security - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download so is this a typo? because it is listed under freeware as comodo firewall pro

Interesting. I think this is the first site i’ve seen that uses “COMODO Firewall Pro” for CIS.
It’s not exactly a “typo”, just a kind of misleading name to give it.

You can even see in the description:

“Version 3.8.65951.477 has fixed applications do not run when CIS is installed in Vista 64 and also fixed Defense+ conflicts with certain security applications.”

And they also used “CIS” for v.3.5:
http://download.cnet.com/Comodo-Internet-Security/3000-10435_4-10907041.html

Anyway, anything “version 3.5.53896.424 or later” is basically CIS. :slight_smile:

alright so i can stay on my comodo firewall? there have been no software changes or new freeware to download?

Correct. Version 3.8.65951.477 is the current latest version available.

thank you very much. o yeah have you heard of the malware coming out tomorrow? conficker?

Yes. See here. :slight_smile:

will the firewall alone be able to defend against it?

Firewall alone. No. But with Defense+, yes.

Supposedly COMODO Antivirus can also detect it too.

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/confiker_c-t36781.0.html;msg262539#msg262539

where can i get defender+

D+ is available in CIS. Did you install it when you installed CIS/CFP?

no the only thing i installed was the firewall because i currently have a paid for anti virus

Defense+ is not an Antivirus. It’s a HIPS module integrated into CIS.

“The Defense+ component of Comodo Internet Security (hereafter known simply as Defense+) is a host intrusion prevention system that constantly monitors the activities of all executable files on your PC. With Defense+ activated, the user is warned EVERY time an unknown application executable (.exe, .dll, .sys, .bat etc) attempts to run. The only executables that are allowed to run are the ones you give permission to.”

You must reinstall CIS and select to install D+ during the setup process, if you want to use D+ in CIS.

:slight_smile:

ok thanks but how can i tell if im not already using it?

There should be a “Defense+” tab to the right of your “Firewall” tab on the CIS interface.

i see it! =D thanks. has comodo done anything to the firewall yet to help combat the conficker worm?

Default deny plus Memory firewall (to protect against buffer overflow attacks). Comodo has had and offered this protection for a long time.
If you use CIS, you are protected.