PrivDog 3.0.0.96 is now released.

Thanks for that Sanya IV Litvyak

It works fine with Opera 26, however that is chromium / Chrome/39.0.2171.95.

I am puzzled when you told me this> PrivDog replaces the certificate for sites and essentially only Comodo browsers trusts the CA that PrivDog uses < when I’m using Opera.

Regards

Nige

Maybe opera trusts Privdog as CA or PrivDog doesn’t replace them for opera browser?

I got an email from Shane about the technical challenges of getting it to work with classic Opera and also shines a light on the techniques used:

The preliminary information I have from them is Opera 12 uses an online certificate store. To handle filtering SSL we need to do some type of interception, decryption, filter and then encryption again. The problem arises due the nature of asymmetric encryption that we’d need the private key of the publisher to encrypt the traffic again and still stay authenticated.

We use the same approach many AVs have taken. On install we generate a root certificate with random keys and install it into the local certificate store. We then generate a certificate on-the-fly for each web site visited and pass our certificate back to the browser. We then have a man-in-the-middle allowing the software to decrypt and re-encrypt.

With an online certificate store we don’t have access to a safe local store to insert these install time generated certificates. The team will look into your version further in future sprints to see if we can find a way to do it but at this time they feel they won’t be able to find a way. As you can imagine the whole nature of PKI is designed so we can’t read encrypted traffic, so it’s a big challenge.

Hi Sanya! Thank you a lot for the details! :-TU We will check :slight_smile:

Hi Nigel! Thank you! Could you please write which Windows are you running?

I’m running Windows 7 32bit.

Thanks NPoberezhnaya

Nigel

Hi :)Thank you. Could you please check:
1)Ad replacing on other sites
2)Close all iexplore processes in the Task manager and try to open IE again?

Hello NPoberezhnaya,

I tried what you told me, and it still shows same, I tried other address like google.co.uk and bbc.co.uk and same Result under I.E. 11 when Privdog is active for Internet Explorer.

However if I press Continue to this website (not recommended). It works fine, but address bar goes Red.
Regards

Nige

ok, thank you. I will write you PM :slight_smile:
we will win this bug 8)

It blocks much less compared to adblock plus.

I browsed torrent site kickass. I dont get any advert with adblock plus but with privdog all advert were there, all those kind of banner like ads of matrimony, dating, etc… & sometimes adverts are kind of ■■■■■.

adblock plus is much better on my family system.

Hi naren,
Please report such issues if time permits.
Ads That Needs to be Blocked
Note: If the site or ads are inappropriate for general viewing or are illegal, please PM an active Moderator or a Staff member involved with PrivDog.

Thanks.

I Reset Internet Explorer back to default, and everything works fine with Privdog is running with I.E. 11. However Certain pages work fine. These sites of the forum is fine and the msn pages of Microsoft ,http://www.bbc.co.uk/ is fine But for the likes of yahoo and https://www.comodo.com/ do not I get >

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Recommended iconClick here to close this webpage.

Not recommended iconContinue to this website (not recommended).

More information More information

Regards

Nigel

Hello.

Can i run ghostery and privdog at the same time? Does it work with ublock, without any problems?

Im running comodo dragon v36.1.1.21 and opera v26.0.1656.60.

Well, conflict is bound to happen at some point.

They coexist here with Opera 12.17.

Have you witnessed a conflict?

I have Privdog and UBlock running, and I see no problems running Opera 26, In fact, what Privdog does not catch Ublock backs it up. and Vies versa

Nigel

Hi All,

I have installed Privdog 3.0.0.96 and submitted a Bug Report in the appropriate section which Shane & NPoberezhnaya have identified and are working on the fix :-TU

But I have also noticed that when using IE 11.0.9600.17501 it is very slow to connect to any website ???

Has anyone else experienced this slow down with IE ?

( System in use is Win 7 Pro 32bit with SP1 and fully updated. Also if it makes a difference is networked and running through a proxy Server. CID and Cyberfox are not showing any slow down )

Also I’m noticing with the Latest Privdog that is defaults to Sanitized no matter if you select it to Block all Ad Networks or Set it to Deliver Trusted adds from Adtrustmedia.

I am noticing this with Internet Explorer 11 and Opera.

So I wonder is that the new settings for the Latest Privdog?

Just thought I bring it up

Regards

Nigel

PrivDog 3.0.0.97 is now released.