PrivDog 2.2.0.14 released

same here

Please check your ■■■.

Thanks.

Can I haz .crx file? I don’t want to install the whole thing just to update the extension in CD (which by the way doesn’t update automatically for me, still on 2.1.0.22)

There is an issue with the latest privdog, I have tried to get the latest build into a zip file, it not work, due to an error with the privdog file, saying no Manifest.json. so I tried a .crx and it would not work eva.

Captiansticks is going to try and work around it.

since the latest privdog is not installed into CD.

Hope you understand Sanya IV

Hi Shane,
Is this idea using a system wide approach, so matter how connections are made PrivDog will be active and used?

Thanks.

As far as I can tell, this request is not possible with the latest installer.
Dragon has not updated to V2.2.0.14 and the plugin for Dragon is no longer included with the PrivDog installer.
I will happily stand corrected though. :wink:

Any news?

I would really love the new privdog, my dragon browser wont update to latest version…

Any news?

I would really love the new privdog, my dragon browser wont update to latest version…

Hi fungus303,
I am to believe some PrivDog updates contain no enhancements for PrivDogs use in Dragon, when this is true PrivDog will not be pushed to Dragon.
Note: Some PrivDog updates are to fix bugs or to enhance performance for other browsers only.

Kind regards.

Ok i didnt know that. Thanks for your answer! :slight_smile:

Does anyone have latest privdog for opera? Trying out the latest version, and i really want privdog :slight_smile:

Im running Privdog Version 2.1.0.23 now, do i need to change or does this work for now?

Hi fungus303,

At the moment, there is no other version for Opera! I have 2.1.0.23 myself.

Last I seen the Dev’s are making a version that opera and other browsers can run, and also have a fix for the current version for people on CD. CID etc.

However I am using an app from the Opera Store, called UBlock it is very good, and it works alongside of Privdog. Also I notice that UBlock is also in the Chrome store.

Hope that info helps

Regards

Nigel

Thanks for the tip, now im running uBlock instead of adblock plus. Works great :slight_smile:

Still having a problem with Firefox 30 under Vista Home Basic x32. Here’s the situation:

I have four User accounts: two Admin, two non-Admin. After the Privdog update, only one Admin account (apparently where update occurred to 2.2.0.14) did the update and fixed the icon missing, as noted in fix list. Checking all four accounts, only the Privdog Extension for Firefox showed installed under the two Admin accounts and the non-working Admin account showed an old version (think it was 2.1.0.19). Extension did not appear installed on the non-Admin accounts.

I uninstalled Privdog completely and downloaded 2.2.0.14 and reinstalled. The Admin account for install worked including dialog and the icon appeared immediately on the toolbar. The other Admin account showed correct Extension installed, but no icon on toolbar. The two non-Admin accounts have no icon and (more important) no Extension installed.

To get icon on the second Admin account, I toggled Disable on the Privdog Extension, Close Firefox, Start Firefox, and Enable. That gave me the Icon. However, that obviously isn’t going to work in the two non-Admin accounts.

I’m guessing the bug reported on Firefox 30 is only partially fixed and this multi-account situation is a residual problem against the original bug report.

Any thoughts, including any suggestions to force the install on the non-Admin accounts? Anyone else seeing the problem on Vista or otherwise?

Edit: Same after update to Firefox 31.

I’m happy that you have found Ublock to run better for you than just Adblock plus alone.

It is very good software. Therefore Privdog and that run great together.

Regards

Nigel

“Currently if you are a Chrome user and you want to protect yourself using PrivDog we highly recommend installing Comodo Dragon: http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/brows… Comodo Dragon and Chrome are based on the same Chromium code base. Additionally Comodo Dragon has all the Google calls home and unique install IDs removed to protect your privacy even further. Together they are a great privacy package.”

Comodo Dragon is not up to date at all. I use privdog but not comodo dragon. I use privdog in chrome canary and is working really well.

Any news on comodo dragon and CIS updates??
Me and several other people have several comments posted on comodo dragon and CIS but no response.
Are these browsers stopped from development?

Thanks
Nellai

CIS development is continuing I can tell as moderator. Running a test build as I type.

Comodo should develop something like Adfender has done (http://adfender.com/) I use it rather than adblock extensions and it works great :slight_smile:

its coming up :slight_smile:

Interesting.

I’m glad to hear that!