PrivDog 1.8.0.15 Released

For me it did leave the files behind which I had to remove myself, one file was trustedadssvc.exe and then there was another file called something like finalizesetup.exe or something similar. Didn’t check autorun entries though so I don’t know about that.

Hi Eric, wish below for that option.
Ability to select which browsers the extension is added to during installation.

It did leave the entry behind (Even after system reboot) on my system which I manually removed.

Ta

It did leave the entry behind (Even after system reboot) on my system which I manually removed.
I will take a look later today after rebooting if I don't forget. It's time to hit the hay for me..

The new version still not show up on the official site and CNET. What take it so long?

great work guys!

Advertising and trackers are one of the biggest threats to user privacy, PrivDog is securing our users while making our surfing much much faster!

thank you PrivDog!

This New Version of Privdog for I.E. 11 works OK, But it’s not Locking on to Block all Ad Networks, it stays at Deliver TrustedAds from AdTrustMedia.

I can set it to Block all Ad Networks, but when I close Internet Explorer and Re-open it Defaults back to Original Settings.

Apart from that it’s working fine.

But I was thinking since Privdog is running for Internet Explorer, I think I will just carry on using it, and keep Deliver TrustedAds from AdTrustMedia set.

So that Comodo gets there Money from the ads.

That is what I was thinking.

Anyway thanks for this version

Kind Regards

Nigel

Try to open the site http://www.mmo-champion.com and tell me if if works. That site will not load for me in IE with PrivDog enabled.

Hi there Dch48,

I tried that site for you and it does load OK. The only thing I notice is it takes a good 10 seconds for the page to full load. As in after 10 seconds I see I.E. Icon on the tab of that page once it has fully loaded.

I puzzled it don’t load for you.

I tried it with Active X and 2 tracker lists from easylist and easyprivacy while Privdog running and page loaded. with I.E. 11

And I tried it just with Privdog running and the page Loaded fine with I.E. 11

I hope that helps Dch48

When using Privdog on Internet Explorer 11, i keep getting downloads in my view downloads window and it’s really annoying and happens on every site…

I opened it on IE 11 on Win 8 x64 and it loaded. It used between 25-40% of CPU while loading. It’s a heavy page. ALso with Opera 12.16 there was high CPU usage (not using PD but Ghostery).

Try cleaning cache and cookies and restarting IE.

Thanks dev’s

Works great with iron browser , zenmate and adblock plus

This is a must have extension, great work :slight_smile:

Has this version started autoupdating/updating in the latest CD 30?

I guess there was a prob, right?

Hi Naren,
There currently is an issue with Dragon V30 in regards to the extension auto update function.
This will be corrected in the next Dragon update.

Thanxx for the info.

Okay I tried this latest version of PrivDog and the site does open in IE 11 but using the addon is still a no go. Contrary to the claim that it speeds up browsing, quite the opposite is the case. It noticeably slows the loading of the Yahoo page but when tested with the mmo-champion site, the slowdown is horrendous. I timed it with a stopwatch after cleaning out the browser with CCleaner before every test run. The times are how long it takes for the site to become usable. By that I mean able to be scrolled with the mouse wheel.

Page using the tracking protection list from Abine----- 7.4 seconds
Page using tracking protection from privacychoice------10.2 seconds
Page using only PrivDog -----------------------------------35.4 seconds

Obviously this is unacceptable and coupled with the fact that PrivDog resides in the Command bar which I do not want to show, I will stick with the built in tracking protection feature of IE. I would much rather see the PrivDog icon show in the system tray/notifications area but I have no idea if that would even be possible.

This sounds like a bug. Did you make a bug report for this yet?

Thanks.

Privdog 1.8.0.17 released

Topic locked

Hi Dch48,

Thanks a lot for your time and help.
This is a bug which will be fixed in the new versions 1.9.x.x.

We appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Alexander.