PrivDog 1.6.0.30 Released.

Updated here too. New option in Privdog preferences “Do not track” enabled by default, right?

Realtime cookie blocking that was enabled by default in previous version is disabled by default in this version, right? In previous version it was enabled by default but after update it was disabled i.e unchecked.

That is a good test. Yeah I tryed mine and yeah I got all 3 red Xs. But I checked Privdog on Dragon and it defaulted back to the old version before 1.6.0.30 So I updated the Extension again. And I got DNT active with Privdog, then I ticked DNT in the settings of Dragon and I got navigator.doNotTrack ticked as in working. but I got navigator.msDoNotTrack not working.

So then I looked at http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/browser/donottrack/ and it said a few things but look at the Snapshot I added to see what I meant:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi naren :slight_smile:
Yes, cookie is disabled by default.

Nige_39
That’s why I asked the check.
This is what shows: Screenshot. - 134607
CD (portable) incognito or not incognito. No difference.
P.S. 3rd party cookies enabled or disabled, too, there is no difference.
CD DNT - Disabled Screenshot - 134607
CD DNT - Enabled Screenshot - 164838

Why you changed the default from enabled to disabled, any probs?

Do not track in Privdog is enabled by default, right?

Yes, “do not track” in Privdog is enabled by default
cookie is disabled by default because of access rights.

I would like to check these settings.

The New Version of Privdog 1.6.0.30 has Real Time 3rd party cookies; in fact, I have to activate it. However, I did not activate in the Last Version, as it was set by default.

However, my Question is I did have set within Content Settings within CD: Block third-party cookies and site data. Therefore, with Privdog is not active on 3rd part cookies that option off complete.

So look at this screen shot. No1 < On Snapshot 1 I have Marked what I see in red also the check mark for Block third-party cookies and site data. Isnt shown, Also If I press the Icon next to the Blue marker it shows what I marked out.

However, If I Activate Real-time 3rd party Cookies on Privdog it shows a check mark in Block third-party cookies and site data shows but it is greyed out, like seen on Screenshot 2

So is Privdog Controlling all the Settings within Content Settings under Cookies?

I hope I have explained all clear.

Regards

Nigel

If block third party cookies is enabled in Privdog, can there be any prob with any site?

If you happen to log in to any sites that have you enter your credentials then forward you to another page, then yes, there could be a problem. These types of logins aren’t very common in my experience though.

Hi All,

New IE Beta version available:

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-privdog/privdog-ie-beta-2-released-t98349.0.html

Shane.

Ok, so this may be one reason they changed the default from enabled to disabled.

The type of login you have mentioned, I have seen with couple of net banking & online sites. My bro sometimes does net banking & online buy so I think will keep default i.e disabled to avoid any probs.

Do not track in Privdog is enabled by default, any such prob with this?

Hi

Ok, so this may be one reason they changed the default from enabled to disabled.

The reason is the improved browser integration, Chrome requires user authorisation before a plug-in can change the settings.

Shane.

Can you tell me what the possible prob could be?

You won’t be able to log in.

When you log in on one site and are then transferred to another site, the login is accomplished through a third-party cookie. If you block these, when the transfer occurs, you will not be logged in to the site you’ve been transferred to.

This could also hinder e-commerce sites such as a small shop that doesn’t have the resources to accept money for their goods, so they utilize a third-party source for the monetary transactions.

So can I relogin on the transferred site?

That all depends on whether or not the site you’ve been transfered to allows logging in directly. If your user data is stored on the other site, the new site may not recognize your login details.

Thanxx for the info.

Love this extension, soo good, it really stops everything with block all option :smiley: much better then disconnect or ghostery.

Great work dev :slight_smile: