PrivDog 1.5.0.14 released.

I think your right jenny66 :slight_smile:

I will await on what captainsticks says and maybe Shane.

So I will leave it there. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m waiting until they say that the IE version is available.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing PrivDog to get it working for IE10, I downloaded fresh installer from cnet, but after I installed I found it was previous version of PrivDog, version 1.1.0.78, this updated itself in Firefox, but there’s no PrivDog listed in add-on in IE10, the list is blank, no PrivDog :frowning:

Initial issue seems to be cnet does not have new latest version of PrivDog to be downloaded, so can Comodo get cnet to update PrivDog on there site, this would help many first time users to get up to date PrivDog installed :slight_smile:

This maybe reason many are not getting PrivDog for IE installed, hope Comodo can resolve this issue soon :slight_smile:

Hi All,

captainsticks, I’ll PM you.

The IE version is in beta testing here [in development, not the forums]. I’ll release an IE beta testing version very soon, the next few days if we can get a server change live.

Eric, there is a way to get PrivDog to work with Opera https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-privdog/beta-opera-support-method-t97291.0.html

Shane.

:-\

So we install the 1.1.0.78 version from CNET ( Why do you guys keep linking to the Privdog site which is useless if we are just going to get bounced to CrapNET all the time ? )

… And then it is supposed to update to 1.5.0.14

Failing here.

I went to control panel second time around and did a full un-install of the PrivDogSetup.exe

Then downloaded a fresh copy of PrivDogSetup.exe from CNET site

Re-installed

Browsed around a bit to give it time

The extension still reads 1.1.0.78 in Dragon 28.1

Win 7 x32

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/260513/3318279Untitled0.png

You can check extensions update ???

Hi All,

There IE version beta will be released tomorrow, watch this space.

As for the 1.5.0.14 setup, as I said earlier there is no setup for that, only auto update. There was an issue with the setup before release so we didn’t deploy it. After installing 1.1.0.78 Chrome and Dragon will update on their own schedules.

If you want to force an update, go to Settings->Extensions and click developer mode check. Then you should see an “Update Extensions Now” button.

Shane.

Immediately prior to posting this reply, I checked again chrome://extensions/

The browser has been open since my last post, and no updates came through automatically

Using the Developer Mode - Update Extensions now : Successfully updated to 1.5.0.14

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/260513/thumb_6683536Untitled1.png

Edit:

Off topic - Just noticed a little odd behaviour of Dragon

copy the url of …

dragon://extensions/

and paste it in the forum :), the copy buffer pastes …

chrome://extensions/

Thank you for the heads up. I am still on the old Opera but I did successfully install Privdog on a developer build (v17) of the new Chrome based Opera by dragging and copying the .crx file from Explorer to Opera. That worked and Privdog was working… :slight_smile:

Thank you for this tip. :-TU

Info you w33d3 I checked the screen shot on what you posted, but just as I checked it I got a Full page pop-up webpage, It was a site to watch webcams of people doing crazy stuff.

So I’m just making you aware that it’s attached to your last post of a screen shot of Extensions.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nige.

Waiting for the IE beta ;D

Does “block all ad network” works like Adblock Plus?

Adblock Plus is free now?

It appears as if my systems acquired the beta version unintentionally and unknowingly at the time.
Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience this has caused to anyone.
Thanks.

The image is on http://www.bild.me/

I had to use a zoomable preview in that post because this site limits the size of pictures you can link in a post for full size images

So having to go to http://www.bild.me/ to view the full thing you then are subject to the advertising on that page which bild.me uses to fund its free image server

And being subject to ads … I guess they could have malvertising injections via their third parties periodically

But thats the same story across the whole internet = Who do you use as a free image host, if they are all potentially vulnerable to being exploited via lax security in their third party associations ?

I never get pop ups on bild.me, but then I dont allow any pop ups in my browser, I dont allow java script by default or images or cookies … or anything. I allow them all on a per site basis and have granular control of such things.

So not likely to see such exploits in action. PrivDog also being active is preventing a whole heap of other exploits too.

Just visited the same picture, and not getting any pop ups here.

Edit: PS - That site is run by the same guy who does SRWare Iron ( another privacy respecting browser fork of chrome similar to Dragon ). So if you get the same problem a lot on that site I reckon he would appreciate the warning his site is being manipulated. And the details of what software you are using to see the pop-ups.

Do you have any plugins / extensions which could be circumventing your browser security with its own privacy policy and exploiting you ?. Just a thought.
Location in the world can make a difference too to anyone elses connections on a particular site.

That is Further enough w33d3r,

I do understand on what your telling me. but I only seen the screen shot of what you posted and my screen flashed. Mind you I did not notice the full page ad at first.

It was only when I closed down the screen shot that I notice something behind the Forum Screen. So I Minimized the Comodo Forum. Then at that point I notice the ad.

Mind you it was a ad with a screen of 9 Videos, but they where not playing. I had to play them. But I just Shut down the screen.

I did not go to that page on which you posted Eva.

So that was then I Reported to you on what I seen.

For me. I have Privdog on Bliock all ads
And I have my Flashplayer to Block all sites from storing information on my computer set.

I have 3rd Cookies Blocked.

I also have Flash Cookies Turned of via Flash Player set within Global Storage Settings.

So I’m puzzled on how I seen it.

And I understand your set-up, but you did not see it. That makes it a Clever ad J/K

But I do understand on how tell me.

Regards

Nigel.

Maybe flash ? … I dont use that either

But I think PrivDog is supposed to try and stop the multiple ways flash can be exploited too.

What you describe is a pop-under instead of a pop-up, I think they do them that way to try and maximise the amount of time the window is open, which you do not see because it is behind everything on screen

Maximising the time open means they get more chance to keep the communication open with your machine and consequently more time to try and exploit your communication / browser you are using.

Thats not so easy with Dragon because it has sandboxed processes, but they still try :slight_smile:

Alt + F4 gets rid of such windows without any need to interact with it. This is useful because anything devious enough to be attempting to trick you is also potentially capable of changing what a window gadget does, you think you are clicking no and actually click yes, Alt + F4 is a hardwired window close command which cannot be intercepted by browser tricks.

Did you have any other tabs open, or go to other sites before which may also have opened the pop-under before going to bild.me ?

The url of the pop window could have been useful for PrivDog in the Ads that need to be blocked section https://forums.comodo.com/ads-that-needs-to-be-blocked-b308.0/

Probably going to remain a mystery though, these things are random.

;D Ha, hold the phone, I just got one

Going to report it to SRWare

Edit: Also reported it here https://forums.comodo.com/ads-that-needs-to-be-blocked/submit-sites-here-showing-advertising-you-believe-should-be-blocked-t96206.0.html;msg707464#msg707464

Reply #128

In Additional Options… you can attach the image to the post. No need to link stuff from third party sites. :-La

Thanks JoWa, will remember that. I am so used to other sites not providing such a feature I didnt even look to see if this site could do that.

Well at least it has helped root out another bad advertiser on what was previously a good image sharing site. I have given SRWare a PM and detailled report of the problem over there.

Edit : Testing additional Options …

[attachment deleted by admin]