Predefined policies GUI bugs 1/2

TOPIC TITLE
Changes made in predefined policies don’t show up until Network Security Policies window is closed.

A. The bug/issue

1. What you did: Made a new policy in firewall’s Predefined Policies list
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: The policy I made didn’t show up when I went on an individual application’s rules and tried to set it to use the predefined policy I just made.
  3. What you expected to happen or see: I expected the policy would’ve been in the listing.
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: I closed the whole Network Security Policy window by pressing OK, and reopened it. Now the predefined policy was available when I tried to set an application to use it.
  5. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: Already told, make a new predefined policy so that it appears in the Predefined policies list, go to Application rules window, start editing a rule or make a new one → You are unable to select the preset you just made until you close the whole Network Security Policy window.
  6. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): Policies are not updated before user presses OK in Network Security Policy window. This is kind of confusing, and only an extra step, since the user has already pressed OK when creating the predefined policy

Using Comodo Internet Security 5.8.213334.2131

Moved to help board, as this is by design.

All windows have to be closed before any changes are made, if you click on Cancel in the final window any changes or new rules made are lost.

Thank you

Dennis

Yes, but there’s no notification about that.
Also, the user has already pressed OK once, isn’t that enough?
Also, even if the changes were supposedly suppressed until the user presses OK the second time, don’t you think the presets should still be available in application rules, even if no changes were really made?

All the rules are saved in the registry, nothing is saved until you close Network Security Policy window by clicking OK.

I have tried this and the new policy is available to use in the application rules, but you do have to close all windows first.

Sorry I know this is a pain, I presume the idea is to stop continual writing to the registry by only allowing it to happen once.

Dennis

Edit Yes the rules would be available if they did not use the registry, as nothing has been written you cannot see them elsewhere.

Pretty much as I assumed. But the most important point I’m trying to say is that if the problem/feature isn’t going to get fixed, at least the user should be notified somehow. Unless the user acknowledged the changes won’t get written before he/she closes the window, e.g. he/she is a first time Comodo firewall user, I believe his/her first reaction will be something like…
“What the flip is this buggy piece of feces doing?!? Changing back to Norton”.

I hope you get my point here and make this an actual bug report…

edit: lol @ word filter

We have asked many times for a change, but I am afraid it has never happened.

Sorry if something is by design I cannot make it a bug report, your only choice is a Wishlist post.

Dennis