Possible to omit cover page, create/customize CSID?

Hello – I am new to TrustFax and this forum. I just started the trial period for the PowerUser plan and have a couple questions:

• I would prefer not to use cover pages. Is it possible to turn them off?

• Also, I noticed there’s no identifying information (CSID), most importantly my fax number, at the top of the test fax I sent. Is it possible to add this information?

Thanks.

Jenny Dyer

You can send a fax without a coversheet. When using the website to fax, click the box next to “Send without coversheet”. When faxing by email, add the line coverpage:no.
Trustfax also allows you to attach your own coverpage as another document when you fax.
Future trustfax release will allow you to add your custom coverpage and modify the CSID - caller ID on the fax page.
Trustfax

Thanks for the helpful information. I can add the fax number myself as identification. It’s very strange, however, that TrustFax does not automatically date/time/paginate faxes during transmission. I’ve always thought of it as a given. I typically send faxes using my fax modem, so it shouldn’t be an issue for me. But others’ recipients may miss the date/time/pagination; they are invaluable – and standard – for sorting and keeping track of faxed pages.

Thanks for your comments. You can look for CSID enhancements in a future Trustfax release.
Trustfax

Has custom CSID capability been added? It’s been about 8 months since Comodo’s response. I believe that there is a California law requiring such information in a header or footer for all faxes sent within the state.

Thanks,
Kevin

Trustfax has headers on all outgoing faxes for some time now. The header includes the date/time, trustfax number and your name/company name listed on the account.

Hmm… I faxed myself at my TrustFax number, and the received pages did not have the header information. I even paid for a real account, not just the freebie. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting somewhere?

Thanks,
Kevin

I was at my client’s office and able to send from my TrustFax account to their fax machine. The fax did NOT include the header information. I cannot find the setting for this. Where is it?

-Kevin

All outgoing faxes will include information about the trustfax sender that include the trustfax number and date an time.
The trustfax coversheet included the required information about fax so a fax header is not printed on the top of the page. If you do not include a trustfax coversheet then a fax header will be applied to the fax.

Hello, as a first time user, I tried to send an international fax without a cover page and got a message box indicating I had to either send a file or use a cover page. Since I just had a simple message I opted to use a cover page and was charged for two pages. Does sending a file also imply at least two pages? If so, is there some way I could send a simple one page message with on cover page and only be charged for one page? Thnx.

When you fax you have to include a file or a coversheet. There must be somthing to fax.
If your intent is to send a simple message, the message is put on a coversheet when trustfax sends the fax.
The coversheet has space for 21 lines of text. If your message is more than 21 lines of text, the message will roll-over to a second page.

I am considering TrustFax, among several other Internet Faxing services. I am still confused after reading this forum. CAN you customize the CSID now or not? Thanks to whoever can give me a straight-forward answer. :-\

you are not able to customize the outbound fax number - the fax header will use the trustfax number.
You can change the name/company that is listed on the fax header of the outbound fax in your trustfax account under account info - coversheet.
The name ofnthe fax header will be the company name and if no company name is listed in your account info - coversheet, then trustfax will use the first and last name. If there is not a first and last name listed, the name trustfax will be put on the outgoing fax header.