possible threat using comodo's security solutions banner or is it genuine?

Hi,
I received an email from alleged “comodo security solutions, Inc” prompt to download and run a series of security tests in order to find out if my pc was well protected…
The “tests” were identified as multiple threats by the anti virus software I use(AVG free).
My question is if this security tests are genuine or not?
thanks
chris

here is the email :

"Do you know if your PC is well protected?

Testmypcsecurity.com can tell you.

If you’re connected to the Internet, it’s like an open doorway for hackers to see your online activity. Testmypcsecurity.com lets you know how secure your computer is.

Is your computer’s security software keeping you safe?
Is there a way of truly knowing?
Will it be able to detect a virus?
Can you trust your security software to protect your computer from hackers?

See for yourself. Visit www.testmypcsecurity.com to find out if your computer is safe.

Thank you for using Comodo to help build trust online!

Comodo Security Solutions, Inc.
525 Washington Boulevard, Suite 1400,
Jersey City, NJ 07310
United States "

It’s genuine. This is a service provided by Comodo.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

thanks! :-TU

I’m currently getting e-mails from, apparently, Comodo Security Solutions, Inc. (e-mail@comodogroup.com)
which Windows Live Hotmail is blocking ‘for your safety’ as a possible spoofing or phishing exploit.

I have had problems attempting to open the messages whereby the computer freezes (this might be a consequence of another problem that I’m trying to solve).

The emails are entitled “Computer Problems? Try LivePCSupport - 24/7 PC Help‏”, “Fourth Edition of ComodoVison Consumer‏” and “Comodo Monthly Insider‏”.

I’ve previously had trouble free emails from the same address so why, now, do I get these problems?

Any insights at all would be potentially helpful.

Thanks for being there, guys.

Or not, as the case may be.

Sorry for the lack of response to date, Freegan.

Emails with these title are valid emails from Comodo. I can still receive them and have not been alerted to any dubious contents or activity. Admittedly, I do not use Live Hotmail to receive them, so there may be settings in Live Hotmail that have changed.

Can you please double check your Hotmail settings and see if comodogroup.com has been somehow added to a block list?

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile: