Possible false positive: WebpCodecSetup.exe by Google

Filename: WebpCodecSetup.exe
Detected as: TrojWare.Win32.ButeRat.PP@288352594
Links:

CIS database number: 32188

Context: I was made aware of *.webp as an image format to consider for archival purposes but whenever I try to download the codec installer from what seems to be a legitimate source, a website Comodo Dragon reveals as having an appropriate digital certificate, I get the false positive indicated above and the download terminated. As I would like to be able to use WEBP images without much issue on Windows 7 32-bit, any fix or clarification on this issue would be most welcome.

Hello Dracontes,

We checked this and we could not replicate the detection on the sample WebpCodecSetup.exe, SHA1:f11fe47c66873a9d86ff9f6c447e0cd4c7773582. Can you check if you have the same file?
Also there is no detection on VT: VirusTotal

Best regards,
FlorinG

Well, this is odd.
I tried to download WebpCodecSetup.exe several times on Comodo Dragon and I got the same detection each time, complete with a tray notification and an aborted download, prompting my above report. That meant I had no actual access to the offending file, since CIS is apparently going to prevent my downloading it every time. Appended is a screenshot showing that.
I tried to download it just now on Opera and then on Comodo Dragon with no issue. I checked both downloaded files and nothing was detected. As far as I’m aware those previous attempts with the aborted downloads were always through the same link. I can confirm the file I got now is the same as you got.