Port 1030

Hi
I just installed the Comodo Firewall today, for the first time.
After using just the built-in Windows (XP) firewall since day #1.

After install, I restarted the PC.
Windows Update asked to install its “genuine Windows advantage checker” and I said Ok and it started to instal the latest version of that.
Then Comodo firewall popped up and said a system program wanted access, that it was safe enough, and I clicked “Ok”… bu8t it kept popping up and I kept clicking “Ok”… after 20 times I click “Cancel” and the “genuine Windows” program gave a "failed to instal"l message.
So the firewall must have blocked it because it wouldn’t accept my “ok”.
I can live with that for this week.

Then I ran Firefox.
Went to Steve Gibson’s “Shields Up” site and did the stealth test for firewalls.
It passed everything except that Port 1030 was detected. It wasn’t open but it still made itself known to outside probes.

http://i41.tinypic.com/5kkl7q.jpg

I’m guessing that may be associated with the system message I got earlier? Or maybe not.

Anyway, I’d like everything in “stealth” mode without preventing XP system apps from accessing the net and getting stuff back from the net -ie. hiding it safely.

Can someone tell me how to do that? So all ports can be in stealth?

Thanks.
Be kind… I’m not a computer genius.
;D

Comodo Firewall provides the you with flexible stealthing options:

Click on Stealth Ports Wizard in Firewall Tasks > Common Tasks.

You have three options to choose from:
a. Define a new trusted network
b. Alert me to incoming connections
c. Block all incoming connections

In order to make all the pots in stealth mode, I recommend you to choose the last option "Block all incoming connections "

Selecting this option means your computer’s ports are invisible to all networks, irrespective of whether you trust them or not. The average home user (using a single computer that is not part of a home LAN) will find this option the most convenient and secure. You will not be alerted when the incoming connection is blocked, but the rule will add an entry in the firewall event log file.

Just remember that if you are behind a router, the shields up test is going to be testing your router and not your software firewall.