Popup Alerts appear and disappear instantly..sometimes does not appear at all.

I found the older topic of the same issue and have merged them all together, for those you still experience the issue please run the CISReportTool and provide the generated compressed folder for Comodo to analyze.

Hi zippo,

Thanks for reporting,Kindly check your PM and provide us the info.

Regards,
PD

I’m still using:

And for a few weeks the popup for HIPS / FW keeps flashing on my screen without having the chance to select any choice.

Hope you get this fixed, for this old version!

Just out of curiosity, why are you at 6818?
Maybe stable 6882 is an option to fix your issue or even the latest version, not sure though.

Usually the APP would automatically update, but didn’t happen
tried to update from the APP
And nothing shows up

You could try to uninstall it manually and then use the offline installer for 6882 or the offline installer for the latest version 12.2.2.7036 as given in the first post of this thread. (Before uninstalling export your Configuration Settings and File List first so that you can import them back into the newer version)

Personally I always prefer the offline installer. I’m using the latest version and it works great.

Edit:

If you happen to be still on XP or Vista then check here:

https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/cis-free-for-windows-xp-and-vista-t125745.0.html

Hello bluery,

Thank you for reporting.If possible Kindly update your CIS to the latest version,Please.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Why do I have to uninstall it?
Can I just download the offline installer and update the CIS on my system?

Hello everyone,

I’ve been using CIS 12.2.2.7036 for a few days and I’m constantly getting firewall & Anti Virus popups that disappear almost instantly after appearing!
I tried to change the alert timeout (in firewall settings) and the problem persists. I can’t disable Anti Virus/ Firewall too ( Popup disappear instantly).
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi.
Problem fixed .
There was a problem updating Windows 10.
The problem was solved by installing the latest Windows update.
Thanks .

I recently noticed that I was not getting popups from CIS. I used to get popups reliably and they’d also show up in notifications for Windows 10. Lately, no popups. But the notification is showing in Windows notifications. Recently, I’ve installed some programs that went to containment. I’d always get the popup at bottom right, so I could instruct CIS to “do not isolate again”, in some cases. Today, I had to click on Windows notifications at bottom right to see the alerts. Diagnostics fails, no surprise there. But the report today is over 600 MB in size and includes 3 dump files. from July and August.

As a proactive measure, I went into notification settings and gave Comodo Top priority and enabled 10 notifications showing instead of the default 3. However, after a reboot, it reverted to defaults. Also after running diagnostics, Windows explorer crashed when it tried to open the report. I forgot to check if the ninja icon was still there. 8)

I’m on Windows 10, 2004, 19041.450. Comodo CIS 12.2.2.7036. Proactive mode with cruel sister settings, plus I’ve been keeping HIPS on recently. Can someone request the report and look into this, I can upload when required?

Hello everyone,
i use CIS with Custom Ruleset Firewall, and in the last 2-3 weeks i am having a strange problem with the on-screen alerts.
On normal use i have silent mode, and everything is fine.
I turn on the alerts when i install new software or want to update some apps.
When silent mode is off i get a lot of svchost.exe alerts, since in the custom rules i allowed the bare minimum to let internet work, but for me that is fine.
The problem is the time these alerts remain visible, which i tought the settings was the alerts timeout (for me is 15sec).
Until last month every alert remained for that fixed time, but now i am experiencing near-zero show time for some process, svchost.exe being the main alert.
This means i have a blinking alert window that appear and disappear, with svchost trying to connect everytime to a different ip.
It is so fast that i can’t even press allow or block.
But this behavior is limited to some process, mainly system process (svchost, taskhost) and google update.
For every other program (like firefox and opera update) everything works fine, i have my 15sec to press the button.
Does anyone know what could cause this?
Thanks

Hi Galvanis,

Thank you for reporting.
May i know your:
1.CIS version ?
2.Win version & System type(32bit/64bit) ?
3.Is there any other security product installed on your machine?
4.Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Thanks for your answer,

1. Product version: 12.2.2.8012
  2. Windows 10 64bit
  3. No other security software
  4. i really can’t gess the cause, it just happened. And having most of the time silent mode, it is even more difficult to think about a correlation with something else.
    For now i just tried to change the settings of the pop-up alerts.
    I can try to reinstall (the custom ruleset will be deleted? i hope to recover them in that case).
    If you need a video, i could do a screen capture.

Thanks

Hi Galvanis,

Could you please check your inbox for private message and respond.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

So this issue is still occurring then, I merged your topic it with existing topic.