poor tech support;- case study 3

1. I wasted 7 min while the tech interrogated me to avoid direct connection to effectively fix problems in real time.
  2. the chat is attached for the MD’s attention.
  3. tech PhDs are not seen by clients; only good service matters.
  4. some other techs as well adopt a superior approach which makes the GB site promises that we can sit back and relax a lie.
  5. chat should have a sound so I do not need to be a slave to the screen while the tech is busy.
    my time is valuable too and small things show consideration.

05:58:52 AM System : Hello! Thank you for using GeekBuddy. Please provide a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.
05:58:52 AM shri sharmaji : HIPS REQUESTS -PL ASSESS FOR SAFETY BEFORE I ALLOW
05:58:57 AM System : A GeekBuddy can help you with that problem.Please wait another moment to be connected to an expert technician.
05:59:28 AM shri sharmaji : SSMGR IS MY SAMSUNG PRINTER I THINK
05:59:59 AM shri sharmaji : THE OTHER ONE IS MY FUJI XEROX WHICH SHOULD FALSE POSITIVE AS TROJAN WITH AVAST I THINK
06:00:16 AM Jacob : Hello! My name is Jacob. I will be assisting you today!
06:00:35 AM Jacob : Not to worry, I am here to help you.
06:00:39 AM shri sharmaji : TY SIR
06:00:51 AM Jacob : Comodo Antivirus Database | Submit Files for Malware Analysis
06:01:03 AM Jacob : Send a file to Comodo that you suspect is a Virus, Trojan or other type of malware.
After sending the file to us, our emergency response team will determine whether it contains harmful code. If so it will be added to the Comodo Antivirus database in the next round of updates.
06:01:31 AM shri sharmaji : COULD YOU CONNECT AND CHECK THIS OUT AS I AM NOT ABLE TO DO THESE THINGS ANY MORE EASILY
06:01:43 AM Jacob : How long are you facing this issue?
06:02:20 AM shri sharmaji : JUST TODAY, STARTED THE PC, AND THIS SUDDENLY APPEARS EVEN THOUGH I HAVE HAD THESE PROGRAMS SOME TIME ALREADY
06:02:37 AM Jacob : Are you getting any error message?
06:02:25 AM shri sharmaji : ONLY COMODO FIREWALL HIPS REQUEST TO ALLOW IT ETC
06:02:49 AM Jacob : Are you facing this issue after change any hardware or software?
06:03:39 AM shri sharmaji : YOU INSTALL MY SOFTWARE AND YES, THERE HAS BEEN A NEW HARDWARE DISK DRIVE PUT IN TOO
06:03:56 AM Jacob : Okay
06:04:15 AM Jacob : Are you facing this issue while visit any websites?
06:05:00 AM shri sharmaji : I HAVE JUST STARTED THE PC AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE EASIER TO CONTACT YOU SO YOU CAN CONNECT WITHOUT MY STRESSING OUT. HAVE JUST GOT THE PC ON
06:05:30 AM Jacob : Okay
06:05:44 AM Jacob : In order to proceed, I will have to remotely connect to your computer and I will take the necessary steps to assist you. Please accept the remote by pressing YES at the top of your chat window message.
06:06:47 AM Jacob : Thank you, I now have remote access to your system.

06:06:50 AM Jacob : As a precaution I will now create a System Restore Point for back-up purposes, just in case anything happens and you’ll want your computer to return to a previous state.

06:08:55 AM shri sharmaji : MAY I DO YOGA WHILE YOU CHECK THIS 2 HIPS ALERTS OUT?
06:09:01 AM Jacob : No
06:09:16 AM Jacob : Please contact back once you have free time
06:09:52 AM shri sharmaji : I WILL WAIT FOR YOU SITTING AT THIS SCREEN UNTIL YOU ARE CDONE. I DO NOT HAVE FREE TIME. SO I WILL PUT UP WITH LOOKING AT THIS CREEN WHILE YOUR ARE BUSY
06:10:29 AM Jacob : ok
06:14:16 AM Jacob : I can see every thing is working fine in your system
06:14:20 AM Jacob : Is there anything else I can help you with?

06:14:44 AM shri sharmaji : WHY DID I GET THE 2 HIPS ALERTS WHEN I STARTED MY PC? THEY DISAPPEARED AS I WAITED FOR YOU .
06:15:04 AM Jacob : It is not a issue
06:15:05 AM Jacob : Is there anything else I can help you with?

06:15:57 AM shri sharmaji : WHEN COMODO ASKS ME TO ALLOW OR BLOCK SOMETHING AND I DO NOT KNOW I CONTACT GB. FOR RESOLUTION OF THOSE TWO ALERTS. SHOULD I TREAT ALL SUCH ALERTS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND AS NON ISSUES?
06:16:33 AM Jacob : If trusted application allow or block
06:17:18 AM Jacob : Is there anything else I can help you with?

06:18:51 AM Jacob : Are you there
06:19:21 AM Jacob : We apologize for the inconvenience but if we are not allowed access to your system we will not be able to provide the necessary support and assistance you request at this time. We suggest you come back at a later time when you feel more comfortable allowing us to access your system.

06:19:25 AM Jacob : Thank you for your time! Please do not hesitate to come back in the future if you need assistance or any other information related to our security products and services. We will appreciate your feedback in this online survey about your experience today: Customer Care Survey

06:19:30 AM shri sharmaji : I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO KNOW THE EXE CODES AND WORK OUT MYSELF WHICH THEY REFER TO. GB CLAIMS TO LET CLIENTS SIT BACK AND LET TECHS DO THE WORK. YOUR ALERTS ASK ME TO TAKE RATIONAL ACTION. I CANNOT WHEN I AM NOT A GEEK. THAT IS WHY I ASK YOU TO INTERVENE. THE WHOLE THING FALLS DOWN WHEN YOU IGNORE THE HIPS ALERT AND TELL ME TO USE