Please Try this.......www.useranywhere.com (pre-alpha :-) )

I was reading over this and have heard about logmein, almost had an account there. I simply get one of those," not so safe feelings :P"with this sort or connection. I would assume one has to go through a server to access your pc or some medium obviously. Now, how safe is this? If there were a way to tap into this and grab info, there would be quite a huge loss in trust and personal\business info. Perhaps I don’t completely grasp the whole point of this, wouldn’t be the first time but are we to trust that our info isn’t being picked up along the way and stored? This isn’t directed at comodo, mainly logmein, but what are the security risks with this? I wouldn’t mind using it and obviously would trust Comodo, but I always hear how great it is and no downfall which is what throws me into a defensive mind set. Nothing is that great. I will wait and try Comodo’s instead but if perhaps Ewen or someone could fill me in, it would be appreciated. In <whoever’s> own time of course, i’m not that concerned about it, just wondering. TIA

Paul

Hey Paul,

The useranywhere server is used for the initial connection and user aithentication. Once authenticatedand the connection is established, then I believe that you have a direct connection to your PC and the useranywhere server basically pings one or the other to check whether the connectonis still active between the two PCs. I think it’s OK to use and I’ve used it a couple of months ago and it was quite good. Very good for an alpha release, actually.

ewen :slight_smile:

Ok thanks Ewen. If it’s good enough for you, I trust your word as you have obviously been into this sort of thing for quite some time. :wink:

Thanks for the explanation,

Paul

I would love to try this program, but both websites www.useranywhere.com and www.comodomeet.com are both down. Is there a explanation? ???

… Maybe you should let logmein know about your product. :wink:

we have taken them down for the time being and getting new h/w etc put in.
soon they will be back up bigger and better than the previous version :slight_smile:

Melih

Sounds good. :smiley:

Still No Go… :cry:
I want to try this… NOW! ::slight_smile: ;D

:slight_smile:

sorry… will be few weeks before its back live…

Melih

OK, looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

Download Server button still does nothing - Dec.5, 2006 - 9:45pm Sydney time.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Not for me either…
License is still not valid. :frowning:

UserAnywhere login problems have been fixed.

Abbreviation: UA = UserAnywhere

Following applies to Users with a valid user id and password, but do not have a valid licence to use UA.

• System can identify users who don’t have a UA trial licence. A new page is displayed for these users.
  • Please click on the “Get Trial Licence” button. This will get you a licence in about 3 to 5 minutes.

Once you have a valid trial licence, you are ready to use the system.

• As of now, trial licence permits only 60 mins of usage in a month.

Yes now I have a valid trial. (wasn’t this going to be free?)
It works to log in.
I can download and install the server program.
Then it tells you to download the viewer program and install that too.
Now the problems start…
The viewer draws new windows all the time… one new every second…
It’s impossible to stop it… The PC doesn’t lock up or anything, but you have to close the viewer.
When trying from the start again, the server app seems to work, but I can’t start the viewer. Nothing happens when I click the UAviewer.exe
If I log in, It tells me to download the viewer… again… after install, the result is the same.
Now I turned off all running programs, and tried to install it again. I got a sign telling me that the viewer had expired.
I tried it over and over again, without success. Something is wrong with the viewer program.
I tried both with IE7 and FF2 browsers.
I think that something updated as well, but I’m not sure.

More questions… :wink:
Do you have to have any special services running? Except for that UAhost.
Any special settings in the firewall?

Working Ok here but do you realise that every minute the UA server is running counts towards your free trial minutes? So far I’m up to minute 548 out of 120.! LOL. Should it only count actual connection minutes?

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hmmm…
Why doesn’t it work for me?

I noticed yesterday that i had used 1/2 hour just by trying to get it to work…
Hopefully, I can have as many minutes as you… so I actually can try to use it before my trial is finished…
Have you checked on line if the minutes left is the same?

Mini User Manual

UA Server

• Go to the machine you want to be remote controlled.
  • Please log in to UA wb site. Click on the “Install UA Server” button on the top right of the screen.
  • Please install this software on machines that you want to remote control. At the moment, you can configure a max of 5 servers per account.
  • A blue “UA” icon in the system tray indicates that the server is running alright and the machine can be remote controlled by a UA client.
  • Right click on the icon in the system tray. It gives you option to reset your access code. You need to supply this access code when UA client asks for it.
  • Check the “List of Machines” page on the UA web site. If the remote server has been installed and configured properly, a “Connect” button shall appear by the side of the remote server.

UA Cilent

• Goto the machine from which you want to remote control a UA server.
  • Log in to UA web site. “List of Machines” on the web page tells you the machines that can be remote controlled.
  • Click on “Connect” button
  • This will download and install a 240KB EXE. This EXE is downloaded and installed every time you click on the “Connect” button.
  • UA client will ask for access code to the server machine.
  • Once access code is verified, you will see the remote server’s screen.
  • Simply close the window to close the UA session.

I did exactly as you said, but I was trying to control the same machine that had the server running. Isn’t that possible? (this is just for testing)

Now I can’t try it from another machine…
My license has expired… 30 days in less than 1 day… ???
I have to wait until Jan. 04 2007 :o

Just a note…
If you want us to beta (alfa) test this, cant you give us an unlimited license?
At least as long as the testing goes on?
Since the hour counting doesn’t seem to work either…
I had used 164 hours, but that’s impossible, since I started to try and get it to work yesterday… When it didn’t work, I closed the host process on my PC, so it can’t be that either.