Phantom uppdates

I’ve got v.2.2.0.11, which appears to be the latest version. But I keep getting asked if I want to download an update. If I answer yes, a download starts but nothing appears to be saved or installed. If I try to manually look for an update, a download starts and then I get an error message.

Does anyone know what’s going on?

I think it’s due to the new version being out now. 2.3, go to Comodo site and manually download. It will uninstall your current one, install the new and save most settings. It rocks!

Cheers,

Paul

Hi and welcome,

This is due to a small bug which is to be fixed in a release on tuesday. It’s best to do what Paul recommends and download the latest version (2.3.4.45) and reinstall.

You can download from here: www.personalfirewall.comodo.com

Mike

Perhaps you can help me. Whenever I go to the site you mention I get asked to register. I have a registered copy, I don’t need to do this. I only want to update. While I’m at it, can someone explain to me why the Comodo PFW updater reports “Error 108”, unable to update?

Hi,

You will need to re-register although, you won’t need the new key as CPF will detect your existing licence. This error is caused by a bug which has been fixed.

Mike

Hi Mike, is that fix going to be out next week though? Just thought I would touch on that. Or is it in place now?

Cheers,
Paul

Yes, this will be fixed with the update next week.

Mike

Update: This has been fixed already on 4th September. It was an error on the Comodo servers running updates again should then download fine.

Mike