"Pending certificate request not found" error

Hi,

I am receiving “The pending certificate request for this response file was not found.” error when importing the .cer file I receive from Comodo (the free trial SSL) using the certificate import wizard in IIS 5.0.

I’ve submitted support tickets but am constantly told this is an issue with a certificate that does not match the private key, however this is the third time I’ve regenerated the CSR so I’m fairly certain its not a private key matching issue.

I have created a backup of the private key each time, however if I delete the request and import backup private key into the REQUEST folder via the MMC, the server certificate import wizard no longer detects the pending request. Is there a way pair Comodo’s .cer and my request via the MMC? Are there other issues that may be causing the “file was not found” like common name not matching or using my servers private IP?

Thanks in advance for any help,
–Demian

Hi,

“The pending certificate request for this response file was not found” means you do not have the ‘request’ the CSR was generated from.
Without it you will not be able to get SSL working on your server.

If you are generating the CSR and not removing/deleting the pending request, but still seeing “The pending certificate request for this response file was not found” then you have a server side issue with IIS and should contact Microsoft for support on that as somehow the request is being removed/deleted.

“Are there other issues that may be causing the “file was not found” like common name not matching or using my servers private IP?”
Nothing that we are aware of gives the error you are seeing except that mentioned above.

You should also make sure your are using all the latest updates for IIS and Windows.

Garry