Pegasus mail freezes with Comodo firewall

Hi;

just installed Comodo Firewall + antivirus and I’m facing a problem (Windows XP with SP3). Pegasus Mail can receive and send messages, but when I try to open a message it freezes, using up to 98% CPU power and I have to kill the process. I tried adding PMail and its files to every safe list I could find, but the problem is still there. Ant idea, please?

Thanks,

Massimo

Can you show us the Defense + logs of around the time the freeze happens? They can be found under Defense + → Common Tasks → View Defense + events.

Hi;

log window is empty.
Does this suggest that PMail has problems with Comodo, and not the other way around?

Bye

Massimo

Can you check the logs of the Firewall and show a screenshot of it here? The logs can be found under Firewall → Common Tasks → View firewall events.

Do you use external program(s) for checking for viruses or spam? Which one(s).

Hi;

Can you check the logs of the Firewall and show a screenshot of it here?

nothing related to Pegasus Mail, just a couple of updater got trapped - and not even today

Do you use external program(s) for checking for viruses or spam? Which one(s).

I used to have AGV installed but it’s gone and I’m using Comodo now.
I tried to create a dedicated temp folder for Pegasus and added it to the excluded list - no change. But I’m narrowing it down to a few specific messages that get into trouble. One of them carries a zipped pdf file around 4Mb, and it comes every day.
I can try to get that in a different way, until I find a solution.

Thanks for your help

ciao

Massimo

Let us know how it goes.

Pegasus Mail has a new version out (4.51 public beta 1). I installed it and the problem is gone.

A few posts on PMail’s support forum & list did not produce any explanation, but the only one I can imagine is some kind of problem between Comodo Internet Security and the way PMail 4.41 handled multipart messages.

I remember that I had to turn off the e-mail scanner in AVG because PMail would not stand the idea of another program interfering with its mail processing routine. No similar problem with Avira, on a different machine.

Thanks, ciao

Massimo

Glad it got solved for you.

Antivir Free does not filter email. May be that did the trick for you?

Antivir Free does not filter email. May be that did the trick for you?

well, as I said, that was a different machine (Win2K). This time I think the PMail upgrade did the trick.

Thanks, ciao

Massimo Mezzini