PeerBlock Error at System Shutdown [V7B][M815]

The latest PeerBlock version 1.2 gives me this same error almost every time when I’m restarting/shutting down Windows 7 x64.

http://i.imgur.com/ckSsp4t.png

http://www.peerblock.com/releases

COMOOD Firewall 7.0.308911.4080
Windows 7 (64 bit) Service Pack 1 + all of the latest updates using Windows-Update-Checker: KUC (NT Kernel & System version 6.1.7601.22470)
Using Proactive Security configuration with a few extra tweaks
Uninstalled the old COMODO v6 before installing v7
Using other security programs: Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and KeyScrambler

To replicate this I noticed a pattern when running the program a couple of times, switching it off, changing some options.
PeerBlock gives me an error when it’s trying to save something but apparently Comodo blocks it from it.

Two more errors I got for peerblock are attached to this post.
Also, it appears that foobar2000 1.3.1 has the same problem when closing, apparently it tries to save the playlists but can’t. This also prompts an error, a screenshot of which is also attached to this post. Although this time clicking [Retry] a couple of times saves them eventually and exits the program normally.

This issue only happens when “enable adaptive mode under low system resources” is checked.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for reporting this. Please edit your first post so that it is in the format provided here:
https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-beta-corner-cis/required-beta-bug-reporting-format-t101349.0.html

Thank you and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Updated.

Thank you. Can you please also attach the diagnostics report and a process list to your first post.

In addition, can you please provide more detailed steps for replication. For example, does it happen every time for you if you open PeerBlock and very quickly close it again, or does it only happen after it has blocked a lot of connections? Is there some sort of pattern you see?

Thanks.

Attached.

Oh, right, should have tried that since the beginning.
Yes, I noticed a pattern when running the program a couple of times, switching it off, changing some options.
PeerBlock gives me an error when it’s trying to save something but apparently Comodo blocks it from it.

Two more errors I got:

Also, just noticed that foobar2000 1.3.1 has the same problem when closing, apparently it tries to save the playlists but can’t, this is the error I get:

Although this time clicking [Retry] a couple of times saves them eventually and exits the program normally.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for this. I have updated your first post so that it now includes this information. However, could you please also create a process list and attach it to your first post. Let me know when you have completed that.

Thank you.

Oh, sure. I hope that’s the right way to do it, with KillSwitch - attached zipped csv file to the first post.

Just to make sure, and I really should have thought to ask this earlier, if CIS is uninstalled do these errors not show up? Have you checked this?

Thanks.

Of course, I have the same configuration since months, it was okay on v6 and in between uninstallation of v6 and installation of v7.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

Shoonay, can you check and see if this still happens if the HIPS is turned off?

Thanks.

The devs have not been able to replicate this issue. Please edit your first post so that it is in the format provided here. Also, please provide detailed steps for replication. Is there anything special which you can do to nearly always trigger this? This will help the devs to replicate this issue.

If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

Sorry, I wasn’t able to provide any more to this thread since I got bored with the sluggishness and constant errors in foobrar and PeerBlock, so went back to CIS6.

Tried the next CIS7 beta though, and I think I found what’s been causing all of my problems.
It’s the “enable adaptive mode under low system resources” option that I’ve checked - at times it slowed my i3-3220 to a crawl and apparently that’s what made foobar and PeerBlock error a lot since they don’t do so now.

Thank you. I have let them know that this occurs only when you have the option to “enable adaptive mode under low system resources” checked.

If any more information is required either the devs or myself will contact you.

Thanks again.

Funny thing happened today in the morning when I turned my pc on. It booted up to Windows desktop but I couldn’t run any program from the taskbar, clicked a few, they didn’t appear…
And everything was again as sluggish as I experienced with “enable adaptive…” option on. Couldn’t even force my OS to restart, had to hard reset.

Re-booted my PC, the funny thing was that “enable adaptive…” option was still off.
Checked a few more option and I noticed that the one called “Show info messages when tasks are sent to background” was off too.
I remembered I clicked it yesterday to check what it does when I was running the update, it did inform me on what it does, but I just clicked “do not show this again” and forgot all about it.

That’s a VERY risky global option to be left to the user (the “Show info messages when tasks are sent to background” one I mean) you guys might want to check that.

Disabling “Show info messages when tasks are sent to background” should not cause this. All that means is that it will no longer remind you that the task is still running when you minimize it. Therefore, it has nothing to do with system performance or hiding important alerts.

If what you experienced happens again please start a new topic for that. It is something we can also look into. If possible, getting a Full Dump through KillSwitch during that time should be very useful. However, we can discuss that in the other topic if it happens again.

Thanks.

The devs have not been able to reproduce this. Are you still able to reproduce this bug?

If so please export the configuration you are using (which reproduces this bug) and attach it to your reply. The devs have requested that I ask you for your configuration file.

Thanks.

Just tried it now, disabled “Show info messages when tasks are sent to background” and turned off all 3 “do not show alerts” options and reset my PC.
After a reboot it worked just fine. Strange.
I’m begining to suspect before it was right after install and it had some checking in progress tasks running, so maybe that was making my PC so sluggish?
Can’t explain why it didn’t me show any messages though, CIS’s widget didn’t show any tasks running, but still the PC was unusable.

Of course, I did ran the initial scan after installing CIS, I did also run Quick and Ratings scans. That was friday night and after that went to sleep.
Rebooted my PC on saturday morning only to be greeted with a completely unusable PC.

Thank you for checking this. It’s also possible that the update also inadvertently fixed this issue, along with many others. Thus, I will move this to Resolved.

If this problem occurs again please respond to this topic and send me a PM about it with a link to this topic.

Thank you.