Panda Free Cloud Antivirus

Hi Guys

Panda Security just released a new product, and this time it is free. It is a new cloud antivirus based upon their collective intelligence technology. I have used panda antivirus before and its engine is one of the fastest. Detection wise it was not the best; however any product can improve and it is worth to give it a try.

One thing though, it is not yet compatible with 64bit computers. Tell me what you think guys.

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng

http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-10229588-12.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Peace.

Since I no longer have Returnil or Sandboxie installed on my machine,
I have a self imposed moratorium against “Let’s check this out” instals.
But it does sound intriguing, doesn’t it?

Interesting development that is being offered for free. How does it work. Is the end user’s computer being used for analysis like in distributed computing systems?

Interesting, testing it out right now :slight_smile:

Xan

downloading ;D
the download site looks too simple ;D
currently using agnitum outpost firewall with no realtime AV on my home PC. let’s see how’s panda bear doing ;D

edit:
panda refused to install. it said, i need to uninstall bitdefender first >:( it’s just an on demand scanner, why do i have to remove it? >:(

edit#2:
is this thing for real? ??? no setting option, no update button, huh ???

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for pics, looks interesting, nice GUI to it, I hope it really protects ;Dfrom malwares

It seems it doesn’t need any updates as it’s a cloud scanner.

Xan

What if I’m not connected to the internet and someone runs malware from a portable device/CD/DVD/etc?

I’m not sure did this program have realtime scnning ?

[s]It seems to scan files every ~4000 seconds, and also when the file is launched.

Right now, I had to get a new key to install in a XP machine. But, according to my correspondent, the activation servers were down, and should be up later today.[/s]

EDIT: Oops…I’m talking about Rudra. Wrong topic!

I tried it on Win 7 but couldn’t get it to work.

I was thinking the same. According to the help files you will be protected from recent threats. How is the next question, it doesn’t say in the online help file.

It is not compatible to Windows 7 yet.

Peace.

I know it wasn’t meant for Win 7 and just gave it a try for the heck of it. CIS is not developed whatsoever for Win 7 but it works like a charm…

Is beta only so far.

Try these:

It consists of a lightweight antivirus agent that is connected in real-time to PandaLabs’ Collective Intelligence servers to protect faster against the newest malware variants while barely impacting PC performance.
[s]so we can scan the comp if we're not connected to internet? ???[/s]

yep, confirmed.need to connect to internet when scanning so it can coonects to the cloud server.
guess i can’t use it then :-
ow, i ask a question to them (using “send us your comment” right click menu). it seems the AV will simply cure or delete the infected file/malware, then what if it’s an FP?
the answer they gave me:

Please, we need you to send us the false positive file in a ZIP-password-protected attachment in order to share them with our development team.

i was just asking “what if”. haven’t got FP so far. has anyone test this AV againsts real malwares? :-TU

Thanks for all answer.
But I’ll not try it because it still in BETA.

It sems like a good idea. Its main goal is to set and forget. it doesnt need update cause it sends exe’s to the cloud for scanning and uses the sigs they have there. But like you said if you dont have internet connected your ■■■■■■■.

Panda Cloud reviewed by Matt from remove-malware.com: Panda Cloud Antivirus Review - YouTube

Detected 4/10*, I’m not impressed by the results. It’s all about detection and most of us know detection is not sufficient for complete protection.

• To be fair, I think reliable statistics require far more samples than just 10.

Yes, saw that two and it did almost nothing… :-TD