Outlook Express CavEmSrv.exe error

Using Windows 2000 Server and all the latest Comodo PC Security products…

When trying to connect to my POP3 server I get an error in CavEmSrv.exe

When I try and debug I get the following message

Unhandled exception at 0x033cb827 in CavEmSrv.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x03d040b0.

I can send emails OK (via SMTP )

I can only connect to my Pop3 server if I exit Comodo Anti Virus

I have tried to Submit a Ticket but when I press Submit I get a page not found error

Any ideas ?

CAVS2 is a beta software and is no longer being developed - CAVS 3 is going to be the new antivirus and hopefully a beta version should arrive in the next few weeks. It is probable that CAVS 3 will not be in beta testing for long before a final release is ready.

With regard to your current problem - I assume that email scanning did work in CAVS 2 and is now not working or have you had this problem since installing CAVS 2?

To be frank I would recommend you switch from CAVS 2 and install Avast or other antivirus that is compatible with windows 2000 server - CAVS 2 is never going to come out of beta and I am unsure whether CAVS 3 will support windows 2000 server. I am currently using Avast though I will definitely switch to CAVS 3 when it is ready.

If you uninstall CAVS 2 I would recommend you use Revo Uninstaller to do it as some people have had problems with uninstallation.

Hi N.T.T.W

This is the first time I have tried Comodo

I was wrong, I actually got an error when sending mail as well.

The AV version is as shown…

Comodo AntiVirus - Version Information Report

Product Information
======= ===========
Build Version : 2.0.17.58
DataBase Version : 2.0.0.540
AllowDB Version : 2.0.16.52
Program Updates Version : 2.0.17.58

License Information
======= ===========
License Status : Activated
Product Installation Date: 24-May-2008
Product Activation Date : 25-May-2008

Program Files Information
======= ===== ===========
CMain.exe : 2.0.12.42
CavApp.exe : 2.0.11.39
CavSn.exe : 2.0.11.41
CavAud.exe : 2.0.9.26
CavMud.exe : 2.0.9.26
Cavasm.exe : 2.0.1.8
CavEmSrv.exe : 2.0.11.40
CAVSubmit.exe : 2.0.11.49
cavengine.dll : 2.0.0.5

Operating System Information
========= ====== ===========
Operating System : Windows 2000
Operating System Version : 05.00.2195
Service Pack : Service Pack 4
Internet Explorer Version : 6.0.2800.1106

Hardware Information
======== ===========
Central Processing Unit (CPU) : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1500MHz
Available Memory : 21MB
Total Memory : 383MB

I have also installed this version on an identical PC running WINXP PRO SP2 ( 05.01.2600 ) with IE 7.0.5730.11 and I get the same error when trying to access my Pop3 server.

Another Problem…

I just got this error when trying to send a message with AV still active

Unhandled exception at 0x033cbc72 in CavEmSrv.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x03d040b0.

The Pop3 error was …

Unhandled exception at 0x033cb827 in CavEmSrv.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x03d040b0.

I hope this info helps you.

Thanks for your help…

Hi

I have just installed Antivirus Beta 2 on a friends machine (XPSP2) Home together with firewall and antispam and most of the other free packages. I had exactly the same problems with outlook express creating an error message and not downloading or sending emails. I had installed the firewall and the antivirus first followed by the antispam and other software. A quick check by switching the email scanning off showed it was CAV causing the problem. I uninstalled Antivirus Beta 2 and then reinstalled it, problem resolved. I suspect that there may have been a conflict with the antispam or antimalware and Antivirus Beta 2 and a reinstall with the other software already installed resolved the conflict. My suspicion of course is only a guess.

As an aside but I think a related item that I felt also needed reporting is that after Antivirus Beta 2 has done it’s initial scan it reports a heap of files as not recognised, MANY OF THESE ARE FILES IN OTHER COMODO PROGRAMS (:SAD). I was unable to submit these as the select all check box and submit button would not work.

Apart from the above all seems to be ok including picking up a couple of trojans that NOD32 missed. Intending to use on my PC as well but will wait for the new version of CAV

I’m using Beta 2 in an office enviro with some XP Pro & some Home computers. The Home ones have issues receiving mail in Outlook 2003. Pro has no issues. Disabled the email scanner but still wouldn’t receive or would pull in duplicates each time it received. Had to totally exit the AV program. This is only an issue on the Home computers. I’m anxious for V3 to come out to see if it resolves the issue.

Hi csdvs

Welcome to the forum

I don’t have Outlook but use Outlook Express with XP Home. Have you tried receiving mail by disabling the HIPS component of CAVS? The other thing you could try is to put Outlook in the HIPS exclude list. I even put CAVS in it’s own exclude list. The manage allow/block list is broken but the exclude list can be handled from the select button.

Let us know if any of this helps