Opera, Opera Beta & Opera Developer

I don’t have problems with gmail ?

eXPerience

I guess your machine is much faster than mine. :wink: - Here at work I have no problems either, it’s just at home where my PC is very slow.

10.01 [sort of] out; see thread:

Edit: Classic installer here:

ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/1001/en/

That will most likely be the release unless a serious bug is found at the last minute.

Changelog for 10.01:

Downloads:

Opera 10.10, build 1848: Opera Desktop Team's Blog | Opera

There was also this:

“…a lot of the desktop resources have been moved to the next “major” version of Opera as well. We are not quite ready to share any details about this yet, but stay tuned.”

Looks like Carakan might be on its way ;D

Opera 10.10, build 1857: Opera Desktop Team's Blog | Opera

Opera 10.10 build 1890: Opera Desktop Team's Blog | Opera

I hope this fixes the ‘opera link is synchronising’ bug I always get when closing Opera.

eXPerience

Another build today - we’re getting daily builds now!

Opera 10.10
ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/1010/ O0

Finally with Opera 10.10 there is a little point with the otherwise useless tray icon. Now it indicates when there is a new e-mail!

Thats great to hear how actively Opera is developed :slight_smile:

I thought you clicked that to open the browser.

No, it always minimizes to my task bar and that’s how I want it… no need for the tray icon I think.

… and the auto-update which I forgot to disable, suggested updating with the Windows installer, despite that I had a Classic installer version… of course it failed. Then I ran the classic installer to upgrade but it neglected that I have my user profile in Docs & Sets, not Program Files\Opera. Really not a smooth upgrade with the Classic installer. Seems like they want me to enable the Windows service DCOM Server Process Launcher (which I always have disabled).

Yes, tried 10.20 but it’s really only Widgets and I don’t use those (tried some but not found anything useful).
Now running 10.10, Unite and Webserver off and Unite folder deleted.

Very good news. I can’t hardly wait to install the upcoming 10.5 pre alpha.

There are signs, read the replies at the Deskop Team blog, that 10.5 may use Presto 2.5 instead of the expected 2.4. May be also enhancements to the skin…

All in all. Pretty exciting… O0

Yes - I’ve been missing the builds, as 10.20 wasn’t worth bothering with, so roll on Christmas! :BNC