Open letter to Andreas Clementi (http://www.av-comparatives.org/)

Shame as we all were hoping a response from you guys to our simple questions like definition of “high detection” etc which I do hope is readily available that you could have shared with us along with your note that you were going to Ottawa etc.

Anyway, we eagerly await your answers.

thank you for your time and enjoy Ottowa!

thanks
Melih

Yeah, Comodo, go send someone to the VB Conference to talk to them. (:LGH)

Now that VB conference has ended, we would appreciate your answers guys. Thank you for your time.

thanks
Melih

Hi Melih

I’m behind you 100% and never forget that God always rewards people that are generous, and you are one. You are protecting thousands of people with CFP, CAV, and CIS, for free. God will not forget you for your kindness and generosity. Please do not worry and do not be afraid, in due time, God willing, CIS and CAV will be world renown products, with or without the help of av-comparatives. I have no doubt about it.

Peace (S) from hackers.

thank you Jaki!
(CLY)
Melih

Hi Melih

Here is a strategy for CAV and CIS, the first step should be to get certification through ICSA and West Coast labs. Then see that Comodo new products such as CAV and CIS are reviewed by Download.com, Tucows.com, PC world, and etc… By doing that, regular users like me and other people will also give their opinions of Comodo products, which will be most likely be excellent.

In that sense you are building a grass-root user base that will be Comodo success story like Avast, AVG, and Avira. Comodo has already brand recognition, as well as a great CFP followers, thus such a goal will not be too difficult to achieve. Remember also Bruce Lee story, remember how Hollywood rejected him at first as an actor. What he did after his rejection was brilliant; he went to Taiwan and he used the Taiwanese film industry to his own advantage by becoming a movie super star there. Consequently, after his success in Asia, Hollywood had no choice but to accept him.

You could use the same story as an inspiration to your own advantage. In French people say: "Petit a petit l’oiseau fait son nid i.e Slowly but surely the bird will make its nest. Take good care of yourself and Comodo products my friend and God bless you.

Peace.

Merci Jaki! good advice

Melih

Hi Melih

Here is another suggestion

Why don’t you try to contact this guy at virus.gr. I think Andreas Clementi was trying to crush him or something.

http://www.virus.gr/portal/en/content/accusationscomments-virus.gr-tests

Also Melih you could try to sponsor him or enter to some sort of relationship with him. On his website he has some interesting links.

Peace.

If my memory serves me right they do cooperate with our av labs… (i will check)

melih

Andreas

We are still waiting for your answers pls.

thanks

Melih

Yes, it seems like you are staying rather long at this conference.

Such answers won’t motivate him to write either.

You want something from him and expect that he is showing up in the lion’s den where people make posts that just show disdain? Your cookie answer is not a bit more mature - just childish.

I’d like to see a dialogue where people exchange arguments and not feelings. Hopefully there will be ongoing talk behind closed doors but I can fully understand that he is (obviously) not participating in that thread anymore.

Yeah, I guess it’s not nice so I’ll delete/edit. Sorry.

I agree that an assertive dialogue will provide everyone a better explanation about the matter at hand but IMHO IBH did not have any intetion to join this topic after his last post on 26 september.

I found very difficult to interpret that TOS either without IBH overly concise explanation.

The only thing I understood in the end is that a private organization is entited to treat its samples as a private property.

Even though I guess that my previous statement is likely to cause objections I see no point to address them in this topic.

Andreas

You promised to write back and we look forward to your answers. Whats the hold up?

We would be grateful if you could come back and shed some light on our questions.

Thank you

Melih

I must admit, av-comparatives has always been one of my major sources of information regarding the quality of AV-products. Partly based on the scores I recommend AV-products to my friends, family and colleagues (of course I personally test a product as well). I was actually looking forward to seeing Comodo being included in the list. From the looks of it, that may be a while I guess.

I just wanted to say that it doesn’t reduce my believe in the principles that CIS was built on (white-listing rather than black-listing, etc, etc, (read more in Melih’s about page)), especially after Symantec and other large corporations are also starting to following this approach. I also think that because Comodo is so fundamentally different, it will also be hard to compare it to the more traditional AV’s (so Andreas’s comment about CIS’s detection rate I will ‘take with a grain of salt’).

Finally, I’m sure there are other people, in the white/grey/black-hat domain who have their fair collection of viruses and malware - perhaps an open letter to them might also help to get your hand on a reasonable database. That and providing some method for users to start submitting and categorizing (know) malware/virusses. When your products are free the community can be helpful - oh and when it’s open source, even more so ;).

Best,

~

(:LGH) I can’t imagine Comodo being open source…

Yeah I think it’s not that good idea.

Peace.
V7chy

If COMODO Internet Security’s heuristics engine is great, why all the worry? Most AV testers just do tests for malware “in the wild”. Though it would be awesome to be protected against viruses from like 15 years ago just for ■■■■■ and giggles.