"Open in explorer" link on virus alert [M1780]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
    when I get a virus alert i have to manually navigate to the virus since the folder is not linked on the alert

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
    A link that opens the folder, in explorer, where the virus is located

3. Why you think it is desirable:
    It would be a way to help the user to take a manual look at the virus.

4. Any other information:
    no

I have made a few edits to your wish for clarity does everything sound correct?

PM Sent

Yes its fine

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again

Wouldn’t that be a security risk? As explorer would try to access information on the file like autoplay, generate thumbnails, etc. It would also create pop up spam unless you choose ignore & exclude option defeating the virus alert in the first place.

I have voted no, because for the inexperienced user, this would be a security risk.

I guess that an alternative option of displaying the full path to the file would be an easier/safer
option.

I vote YES for showing it if ADVANCED USER mode is enabled (does it even exist? :stuck_out_tongue: ).
Bye

This wish has received enough votes to be moved to verified.

13 positive, 2 negative, 4 maybe.
13 positive = 13 points
2 negative = 0 points
4 maybe = 2 points (0.5 each)
Sum = 15 points = enough points to be moved to verified.

Moving to Verified thanks.

+1 :-TU

I vote yes +1

Hy, guys! I already implemented explorer context menu, if you want, it easy to add such button in alert.
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/cis-8x-extra-hotkeys-button-script-t116310.0.html