Open a link in a new tab

When I want to open a link in a new tab, I don’t like having to right click the link and click “Open link in new tab”. Ideally, I’d like to be able to double click the link to open it in a new tab using an extension like I can in Firefox, but the Chrome equivalent only works sometimes.

So I looked up what the keyboard shortcut is in Chrome (and, therefore, in Dragon) because it didn’t seem to be Ctrl+click like in Firefox. But apparently it is Ctrl+click. But it doesn’t work. I tested other keyboard button combinations just in case, because I seem to distantly remember Ctrl+Shift+click working, but no luck.

Does anyone have a method of opening links in a new tab without having to open a right-click context menu? It’s fine every now and then, but if opening many links, it can become frustrating. It actually made me stop using Dragon for a while, but I want to be able to use it.

Middle click. Control + Click also works

I’m using a laptop trackpad, so I can’t middle click. And Control + Click doesn’t work for some reason. It opens the link in the same tab.

I’ve noticed that Ctrl+Click for a new tab works when opening a link from my History page, but that’s all. Any suggestions?

Hi sometime,
Not to sure why Click+Left click is not working, it is working here.
Another way is to left click hold and drag the link to the tabs bar.

Unfortunately, I use an extension that scrolls the page when I click and drag on the page, so I can’t click and drag links.

It sure is strange that Ctrl+click for new tabs doesn’t work for me, though. I can’t remember it working for a few versions of Dragon now. You don’t realise how you rely on the little things like this until they no longer work haha.

Middle click doesn’t open link in a new tab for me as it does on Opera and FF, the two browsers I’ve been mainly using. Is there a way to make it do so? Control + left click doesn’t either, not that I’d want to bother with that one.

Hmm…middle click with Comodo seems to behave differently depending where I am. On Yahoo mail it just opens up in the same window; but on other websites, like this one, it opens up in a new tab like it should.

Suppose I have a link that I don’t want to show up on new tab, like a banking link for instance, how do I remove it?