Only Firewall No Antivirus but still blocks malware

Hello,

I have Win10 and installed COMODO firewall v.12.2.2.8012 (without the Antivirus).
Along with the firewall however the following were automatically installed:

AutoContainment
HIPS
VirusScope
WebsiteFiltering

Even though I have disabled all the above (so only the firewall is enabled and active) it still blocks and quarantines some programs as malware.
How can this be possible? How can I disable (or pause) the malware detection if I want to?

Thanks

PS. Is VirusScope a Behavior-Based Antivirus? Does it scan the behavior of programs through the cloud or it depends only upon the recognizer files?

1 Like

I 've just figured out the culprit.
I had the File Rating enabled and both the “Enable Cloud Lookup” and “Detect Potentially Unwanted Applications” checked.

Hi AVRookie,

Thank you for reporting.
Hope your issue has been solved.
Kindly report back if you have any issue with CFW.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I basically don’t understand how the VirusScope differs from the Antivirus and HIPS modules of COMODO and what extra layer of protection it offers. The Comodo Help site doesn’t clarify.

1. Is VirusScope a Behavior-Based type of Antivirus, AntiSpyware, Anti-Adware etc so as to catch zero “attacks” ?
  2. What types of malware could be caught by VirusScope which would otherwise be missed by Antivirus or HIPS?
  3. What types of malware would be caught by HIPS which would otherwise be missed by VirusScope?
  4. Does VirusScope scan the behavior of programs through the cloud or it depends only upon the recognizer files?
  5. Do the recognizer files update?

Thanks

Hi AVRookie,

Thank you for reporting.
You might have refered the old CIS help notes.
Kindly select the CIS and version 12.2 in the help page & check. (Refer the attached pic 1.jpeg)

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

OK. Thanks