Online Gaming and how to enable Comodo firewall for it

lol I just love the smilees heehee.I have a question .How do I set the firewall for World of Warcraft?Which rule do I change or do I add one?Please be specific cause I am not bright lol.

The ports it uses are

World of Warcraft uses the TCP protocol on port 3724.

The Blizzard Downloader, which downloads patches, also uses TCP ports 6112 and the range 6881-6999.

I do have a router but have had no problems with it blocking the game and I have been using the default setting of this wonderful comodore firewall.

(L) (R) (:CLP)

Hello all,
I’ve recently got Steam and when i update the server list it initiates a ‘UDP Flood’
Is there anyway to disable it for steam, or does anyone know some good flood settings to accomodate steam?
Thanks

I have a problem with Comodo Firewall and ANY online games, if I start to play and join a game, whole computer just crashes. Otherwise, if I turn the firewall off, it works out perfecty again. :-\

edit:
More information, the music/sounds of the game start to loop and the screen freezes, I can’t use alt+tab, alt+ctrl+del or windows key. Waiting neither works out. My computer is pretty powerful (or it was!), AMD 64 Athlon 3200+, ATI x800 XL GFX-card and 1gb of RAM (kingston).

I think that you don’t do anything with that information, but if I would not have said that, someone would have come here to start **** around how I didn’t give the specs of my computer and so on…

edit 2:
Ok, I invested this a littlebit more and it seems that the sounds DON’T start to loop. So I think that the problem is now that when I try to join a game, firewall asks that is it allowed to connect and then… I just can’t do anything.

Hi Guys

Looking for a bit of help. Im a complete novice with firewalls and require some idiot proof help to get a game running online. I have the port information that i need to have open but im just not sure how to get it done. Any help would be greatly appreciated

The game is Silent Hunter 4 and below is the information I was sent

Direction Protocol Remote Port Remote Hosts Local Port Comment

Outbound TCP 3074 Test.Isg.agora.mmp. Any Lobby Server
demonware.net

Outbound TCP 3074 gsdev##.gsdev.mdc Any Development
ubisoft.com Authentication Server

Outbound TCP 3074 agora-as##.gs.mdc. Any Production

Outbound UDP Any Any 3074-3174 Peer to Peer

Inbound UDP Any Any 3074-3174 Peer to Peer

Outbound TCP 80 gconnect.ubi.com Any Service Discovery

Besides the matchmaking ports these other ports need to be open:

TCP port 19.000
UDP port 19.001
UDP port 19.002

Like i say any help with this would be a great help

Many thanks

I really like this firewall as it seems a lot safer then the firewall i was using before.
And a big thx for making it available for free!
I do think it needs some improvements for online gaming though.
I have no problems configuring it to join a online game, but to configure it so i can host a game is an outright nightmare!! Perhaps if you play 1 game only and have a few hours to spare…( and friends enough who want to help you trying to join your game,for x times!)…but i did not manage it for a single game. And i play 12 games online…

Why not a kind of multiplayer profile as a setting for a specific exe file?. :THNK

Or a setting that REALLY allows all activities for a certain application…
Cause right now if i choose “allow all activities”…,"allow invisible connection attempts"and “skip advanced security checking” it STILL wont allow anyone to join!! LOL

As much as i hate it ‘cause i just lost my windows 2 months ago due to malware.its back to the windows firewall as soon as i start a game (which is the majority of all computer time)
then hopefully i will remember to put it back on again when i go surfing online.
■■■■ shame…’’ Dont really know what to do now…‘But going to the process’ as described as above for each game is not a realistic option. Thats a certain.

If anyone has an idea for a setting that i can use for each game i would be very happy to hear it!

For those who say no game is using UPnP, this is wrong PES, use it by default, at least PES6 and PES 2008 :

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8995/settingsvr8.png

But even when disabling it, There is still a UPnP request on port 1900…

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3945/comodo1ci4.png

What am I supposed to do? I tried all in this thread and that one :
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,668.0.html

Creates rules for ports, disable Application Monitor, “Allow invisible connection attemps”
“Skip advanced security checks”… with no sucess… PES 6 does not work as well…

PES 2008 doesn’t appear to have a support site unfortunately. Try using their mail support to determine what the firewall setup should be. Link here