Online Firewall Test

I just downloaded and ran the cpil.exe and the end result was that it could not find explorer.exe :frowning: Using the standard windows search, I found it in c:\Windows. I hope your firewall doesn’t work with the same logic :slight_smile: See log:

Welcome to Comodo Parent Injection Leak Test v.1.1
This test will locate the executable file called explorer.exe and patch its memo
ry.
Once it has patched the explorer.exe memory,
it will try to use your default browsers to send the text you have typed below.
If your firewall has not alerted you to an application called cpil.exe, then it
has failed this test.

***Let’s Start
Please enter a text(non-unicode) to be sent
(DO NOT USE ANY PRIVATE TEXT. THESE TEXTS WILL BE SHOWN ON THE WEB SITE!)
test
Sending test
Win XP (5.1.2600 Service Pack 2)

Could not find explorer.exe!

Ciao,

Welcome adric to the forums.
Well, at least the test didn’t pass through, and that’s the main thing. :slight_smile:

Hi, you can also try to download the Leaktester from GRC:

and test your inbound protection with Shields up:

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Here is the online test I use

http://scan.sygate.com/

Thanks for the pointers to other leak tests, but I was hoping someone from Support had a word or
two to say about this problem. Maybe I’m doing something wrong who knows, but the absence of
any comments from comodo does not raise my confidence in their product. If the leak test doesn’t
work, then remove it from the site or at least add some caveats why it may not work.

I tried the test again with the same results. Does this leak test work for everyone else except me?

I also tried the leak test at Quick Test | PCFlank which is the way I would expect a leak test
to work. Hello, anyone listening?

Thanks, Al

I don’t work for comodo but here are my results.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Adric,

first welcome to the forums!

Secondly thank you for being very funny with your statement about CPF not working with CLIP Logic. It was funny!

The leak tests are all about exploiting vunlerabilities and design flaws. They are not the most reliable code in the market place. Nevertheless the main thing is CPF catches it as per other people’s report.

thanks
Melih