On Intel and AMD users

I thought this was interesting and hilarious:

Intel Users Less Intelligent Than AMD
Thursday, 29 March 2007 21:54 Maxit

Two brains and still stupid
In a recent survey, a study of over 5,000 computer users concluded that people who use Intel powered computers have a lower IQ than their AMD counterparts. The study took place over a six month period and involved computer users with Intel and AMD powered computers of various specifications.

The test subjects were asked to complete a series of written and hands on tests covering basic computer skills up to more advanced tasks. The survey found that over 69% of people with Intel powered computers had greater learning difficulties and found computer related tasks more difficult compared with 31% of AMD. A whopping 78% of novice computer users with Intel processors inside their computers could not transfer and resize an image from a digital camera even with the the step by step instructions in front of them

The survey concluded that AMD users tended to be more ‘computer smart’ and ‘enthusiast’ orientated having researched the market before purchasing their computer. Most people recognise the Intel brand and tend to purchase bog standard off the shelf computers knowing little about the details of the hardware. People who buy AMD are more creative and willing to adopt new technology more easily.

Src: MaxItMag.com is for sale | HugeDomains .

Yours truly is running an AMD Phenom II quad core… (:NRD) :■■■■

LOL… I take insult to that jk :P…

I have a Intel Dual Core 2.93Ghz, If they looked at the high end versions of both companies, I think the numbers would likely be more even out… closer to 50/50…

Anyway… still funny the type of surveys being done…

Good on you Eric (:LGH)
They always say you can’t have good looks and intelligence. :wink:

What does that mean?

Do People with small brains buy Intel and People evolved buy AMD ? ??? ??? ???

It may often happen that novice people follow advertising and branding and therefore go with Intel brand. Therefore you find more computer starters using Intel brand rather than AMD.

When it comes to statistics, things start looking crazy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just my theory ;D ;D ;D

There’s lies, goddarn lies and statistics… :stuck_out_tongue: ;D

The article does not link anything. I doubt that statistics were even an issue as there may have been no research in the first place… 88) ;D 8)

SivaSuresh, with your misspelling of the word ‘find’, I can assume you buy Intel also? ;D

That was a misspell, not a misunderstanding… ;D :wink: :wink:

and… I am a hardcore, loyal AMD user.

The processors I used so far for my PC

AMD Athlon 3200+
AMD Athlon 6000+
AMD Athlon X2 250
AMD Phenom II 955B
(Present)

Note : Edit: I corrected the typo.

My last 3 PC’s have been AMD.

I assume intelligence has a part to play when you realize you get more ■■■■ for your buck with AMD. :wink: :smiley:

Hi HeffeD. The PC I am on was $5 complete, from a sale I was driving past. OK OK it is not an AMD, but it has enough ■■■■ for its buck :slight_smile: . Kind regards.

So you are not intellegent, you are [size=10pt]LUCKY[/size]… ;D ;D ;D ;D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Lucky = yes ;D
Intelligent or not = mmm :-\

Hey… Just kidding…

I’m here running too a AMD 64 dual core processor :wink:

Josh

NP :slight_smile:

I have always liked Intel. My posts all show what I am running under them (the banner).
Seems I need to update that. I am running 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws (4x4GB) DDR3-1333 now.

I am not sure about the statistics in this article, and or why someone one would even spend the time to research anything of this nature ;)… Everyone has their own taste, and it depends on their use of the computer!

The article does not seem to link to any research whatsoever… :smiley:

While I can’t say much on validity of the article, I can say I’m using an AMD chip in my laptop which I bought back in February, after getting rid of my old tower (also AMD) and an old laptop (Intel) :slight_smile:

I used a old desktop with AMD chip set and it worked well for about 6 years with just 256 MB RAM…

But my new Intel core i3 based PC giving me problems within 2 year…

Go and buy AMD… NO intel…

I read somewhere that Intel created this article to see how all the people using AMD would starting defending themselves and proving they are S.M.A.R.T … ironically it worked. :stuck_out_tongue: :azn: :smiley:

HAHA J/K