On Access Scaner stopped after Comodo Firewall Pro installation

Hi,

I am using Comodo Firewall & Antivirus for arounnd 1 year now. Both were working fine. But today
I have updated Comodo Firewall Professional( latest release) and On Access Scaner stopped after
that. And does not allow to turn it on.

Is there any solution?

Thanks

Hi & welcome. :slight_smile:

Is it possible that Defense+ in Comodo Firewall Pro has blocked it? Which mode have you set Defense+ in? Can you see any CAVS files in the Computer Security Policy list? (from the firewall summary, go to Defense+ [on the top] / Advanced [on the left side] / Computer Security Policy)

/LA

Thanks LA,

I can see following file of Comodo Antivirus under Security Policy List:
CMain.exe
AavApp.exe
CavAUd.exe → This is update

And there are some files for Comodo Firewall as well.

Thanks,

I don’t know what’s the scanner program for CAVS, but you should define it as Trusted Application. Look in the Defense+ logs what program was blocked.

Does this mean that you’ve solved it? Defined it as a Trusted Application like Japo suggests?

LA

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. I have followed the advice in this thread and made all Comodo applications trusted applications but it has made no difference (:SAD). Any further advice would be welcome.

I am running Windows XP. The error message is “CAV003” + “ON ACCESS SCANNER FAILED TO START”

Thanks

Titus

I have cavse.exe as a trusted application and so far everything works ok. I notice prayami did not list this file as being in security policy list.

:SMLR

Hi

I also have just upgraded to Comodo Firewall Pro and have also got the Error CAV 003 + On access scanner failed to start.

After reading this topic I search my computer for cavse.exe with no result.

Files in the security policy list are

CMAIN.exe
CavApp.exe
CavAud.exe
CAV MUD.exe

Would Ihave to reinstall CAV to get the missing cavse.exe back.

Thanks

TC

Hello

The file cavse.exe is also missing of my computer as well. Present on my PC are :-

cfp.exe
cmdagent.exe
cfpupdat.exe
cfpsbmit.exe
CMain.exe
CavApp.exe
CavMUD.exe
CavAUD.exe

All are trusted apps.

Titus

Strange cavse.exe on my list.

You could always add it manually, see attached screenshot.

Click on add, browse to the location of the file (shown in screenshot) and select to treat as trusted application. Might be worth a try.

:SMLR

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi

I would do that but it ain’t on any of the 4 hard drives I have installed (:SAD)

Titus

If the cavse file is not in the comodo antivirus folder in program files then I think you will have to uninstall and re-install CAVS. :frowning: