Old comodo firewall user want to update

I am currently still a comodo firewall 3.8.65951.477 user, the version before everything was combined into internet security.

And I want to update because I think my version is getting old.

What can I do to ensure all the security policies don’t have to be reentered again?

I’m pretty sure that the internal formats used for rules and policies changed between V3.8 and V3.10. to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to export from 3.8 and import them successfully into 3.10.

A clean install is highly recommended for 3.10.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Ewen,

I am currently running the free version of CIS 3.8.64739.471 under Win XP Pro SP2.
It has notified me of an update to CIS but when I tell it to go ahead and download & install it gives me an “ERROR 108”. I am at a loss as to what this error means and do not know what it is trying to update to, as there were/are 3 updates after mine to the last one of 3.10.102363.531.

Any ideas or help as to what this error 108 msg means and what I shud do wud be greatly appreciated!

Tnx a bunch!

Cindy

Hi cutie_pyie

You will have to download 3.10 and then uninstall 3.8 to install 3.10. I believe the 108 message is informing you that 3.8 cannot connect to the update.

John

Good morning. I am reading this thread with interest. I am using Comodo 3.11, and it gives me he same old “Error 108: Update could not be completed” message. Similarly, attempting to update the virus signature database fails. I thought everything was fixed from 3.10 onward. Did I miss something? I uninstalled 3.08 earlier, installing 3.11 which is what was available, and hoping that would fix it. To my surprise, the same old problem resurfaced.

I used 2 different registry cleaners between the uninstall/install cycles, and even physically deleted the c:\program files\comodo folder logging in by Safe mode as Administrator.

Obviously, I have missed something, but have no idea how to detect what the problem is.

Regards,
Russell in Canada

Please don’t crosspost. Check out my reply in your other topic.