is there a way to perform a complete installation of Comodo Internet Security + update of the antivirus database on a computer with no internet connection (i.e. fully offline)?
What I have done so far:
- Downloaded the Offline-Installer for Comodo Internet Security v184.108.40.20612 from here: https://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_only_installer.exe (Link from this forum post: Comodo Forum).
- Successfully installed Comodo Internet Security on a Windows 10 computer.
- Followed the instructions to get an updated copy of the anti-malware database from here: Comodo Forum.
3a. Downloaded file ‘bases.cav’ from here: https://download.comodo.com/av/updates58/sigs/bases/bases.cav?track=6137v => Comodo Anti Malware Database Latest Version & Additions 2022.
3b. As described in the instructions I rebooted the computer in safe-mode and copied ‘bases.cav’ into the ‘/scanners/’ subfolder.
3c. Restarted the computer
Now the problem is that the Comodo program shows the status “Never Updated” for message “Last Update” in the Antivirus section. And if I execute the initial antivirus scan it tries to download signature updates, which fails due to missing internet connection, and then stops.
What I have tried further:
In the options under “General settings” > “Updates” I disabled “Check for program updates”, “Check for database updates”. I also enabled “Use full signature database”.
Changing these settings however did not help.
Some further remarks:
- The option “General settings” > “Updates” > “Use full signature database” is not mentioned in the online help: Comodo Internet Security Software Updates, Download Software Updates | COMODO
Shall this setting be rather switched on or off?
- Activating the options “General settings” > “Updates” > “Use full signature database” was not easy: activating this option gives me a dialog that the program must be restarted with elevated privileges. If I click on ‘OK’ it closes the settings dialogue. Reopening the settings dialogue just gives the same message again. I had to login into the ‘Administrators’ account (with UAC control switched off) to successfully enable this option.
To sum it up: Comodo Internet Security seems to not recognize I manually copied a current anti-malware database into its folder and therefore refuses to work.
What can I do to resolve this problem?
Thanks in advance