Off topic comments split from 5.0.159634.1091 RC Bug Reports

Ok, but it was already sandboxed then… It’s not a solution.

you can try this in order to run sandboxie

1- disable D+
2- disable the sandbox as well
2- install sandboxie

3- do a restart
it’s now working ,

4- set D+ to learning mode

5- do another restart

6- set it back to safe mode :slight_smile:

you can now verify the success of the procedure by doing anther reboot "< enough with the restarts already ;D

Firefox is a safe application. It invokes the updated firefox installer after the internal updater has finished downloading the update. My question is: Is there something wrong in treating a file being invoked by another file thats trusted, as safe so that the invoked file is not sandboxed?

The whitelist almost seems as if it is going down hill. Weird things are happening. It keeps designating my firefox configure files are untrusted. Also a new version of CCleaner is out, and after installing it I noticed most of its files are untrusted.

Both Firefox and CCleaner should be able to run without issue at this point in CISs developement. I don’t think whatever methods Comodo is using for determining safe files works all that well.

I agree, this is how CIS should work. For instance some programs installers and updaters will cause 5+ popups. After allowing the first popup, CIS needs to realize the program as a whole is safe (or at the very least you want to install/run it regardless), and therefore get the heck out of the way.

The more I use CIS, the more I realize it is still no where close to being ready to install on my 70yo dads PC, or even my brothers for that matter.

it works perfectly fine for me. I would suggest an reinstall. Also are you using ver 4.1 or 5?

I have tried versions 4 & 5 on four different PCs. The install is not the issue. CIS still has usability issues, and that is why every review of it says it is for experienced users that don’t mind answering questions.

While the sandbox does reduce some popups, it just pushes the files into the untrusted are where I constantly have to monitor and clean out. Else they eat away at the systems resources.

CIS reminds me of a hot, sexy girl that I want to be with. But she argues a lot and causes a great deal of frustration(high maintenance) making me wonder if I should settle for a girl that will be less trouble.

;D I install CIS in my 70+ dads’ PC with parental control enable and suppress all D+ and Firewall alerts + clean PC mode. I find this configuration useful and quite suitable for PC dummies who do not install software themselves and tends to click on unknow items. A little drawback is that he cannot run on unknown apps in usb stick.

true there is a little problem with doing some things but why does he need to run it off of a usb stick, why don’t you install it on the pc and configure the software to work with CIS. But in my opinion CIS set to proactive with parental controls enabled is basically impossible to bypass and infect the pc, no matter what the user does.

Yes, that’s pretty safe and usable for him with the configuration. This problem occurs as I’m not live with him and there is occasions that one might run apps on a usb, eg. usb security app.

Sorry fail again.
What OS x32 x64?

I tested it on a real machine

windows xp sp3 X86 with latest updates , patches etc …

when does it fail for you ?

at which step exactly ? ???

When I change it back to previous mode.

Win7 x32

Dennis

Firefox doesn’t have signed installer. And I’m using ziped MPC HC, so no installer.
But I’m failing to understand logic of this behaviour: When file has the same name and it is in the same location and I specificaly said many times in the past that this file with this name in this location was trusted, is trusted and WILL BE trusted. Forever!

While the file may have the same name and be in the same location it is not the same file.If files were treated the way you wish there’d be nothing stopping malware modifying the browser process and running unhindered.

Actually it does have a signed installer on my machine.

Mouse

You mean the Firefox that Mr Henky is referring to? If so I wonder why his are unsigned ???

The posts below did not provide enough information to pin down the the issue or were difficult to understand because they did not make bug reports in the format requested here .

Regrettably we have therefore had to ignore the posts. They will be re-considered if posted in the format requested, and if they give all the information requested.

Many thanks

Mouse

i am using this product and sometimes when i try to surf the web comodo firewall block connection to my computer so i can’t surf the web but if i disable the firewall it works and then when i set it back on the firewall it works fine it allows me to connect