Novell Netware

I cannot get Comodo Firewall to work in my office with Novell Netware. It works fine accessing my office across the internet (with a Cisco VPN), but when I am plugged into my network directly at the office, it totally locks up my laptop. Any advice for running Comodo with Novell Netware would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Hi dudsworth, welcome to the forum.

It’s been a while since I used Netware, You might try adding support for alternative NDIS Transports by doing the following:

1. Open CFP
  2. Open Security/Advanced/Advanced Attack Detection and Prevention/Miscellaneous
  3. Put a check in the box for ‘Monitor other NDIS protocols other than TCP/IP’
  4. Reboot

See where that takes you.

Toggie

G’day,

If your Netware login script calls a remote resource or UNC mapped drive, then it will appear to hang until the remote resources are assigned a logical drive letter. It hasn’t actually hung, it just takes forever.

What I do in the morning is to do a Local Workstation login first, then set the firewall to allow all (and temporarily turn CAVS off if you’re using this) and then login again (but not a local login this time). After you’ve logged into the network, you can turn the firewall (and CAVS) back on.

Bit of a PITA, but it works.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile: