Since installing CIS v3.5 on my Vista machine, there has never been a single file listed under Pending Files. If I open the CIS interface, click on the Summary tab and look in the Proactive Defense section, it always says “0 file(s) are waiting for your review.” Always. Opening the Pending Files list also shows nothing.
This seems strange because in just the past few days, I’ve installed at least three applications (FreeMind, Songbird, and Winamp) and downloaded/installed a bunch of stuff through Windows Update. Yet it still says zero. If I were still using CFP, I would expect there to be 100 or more files in Pending Files by now.
- Vista Ultimate, normally running under Standard [limited] user account.
- CIS 3.5.54375.427 (clean install).
- Am not using the CIS Antivirus component (NOD32 instead).
- Firewall and Defense+ are both in Safe Mode.
- My XP machine, with the same version of CIS, has 188 files in Pending Files. (Firewall is in Safe Mode, but Defense+ is in Clean PC Mode.)
The fact that there is nothing ever listed in Pending Files makes me think it’s not working properly. Any ideas? Thanks.