"Noob" install VIDEO guide.

So you don’t have flash player installed? Don’t Never install anything you don’t know or trust.

Some browsers have settings that automatically download the required files, so you might not even need to manually download it. Adobe Flash Player is the official one, or at least the most popular:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

LM:

Okay Thanks… I’ll check Adobe out. Have several other Adobe things in here some where.

dhac

Maybe I should save the “You’re welcome teehee” for Little Mac, since LM = Little Mac :cry:

Sorry… Thanks to whom ever been replying. I’m not to sharp on this thing either. Since I put the firewall in thought I should join the club… Thanks again…
dhac

No problem ;D. I just didn’t want LM to get all the credit >:( :stuck_out_tongue: ;D. Let us know the status of your video viewing problem.

Sorry I missed replying here; I was in the middle of posting when the system errored out, Comodo said it ran out of memory witht he application monitor, and everything shut down. Anyway, this is wha tI was going to post. Man, what’s with these delays, omigosh?!

I think you’ve probably nailed it, Soya.

dhac: In IE7, go to the “Tools” button, drop that menu down, and go to Manage Add-Ons, then Enable or Disable Add-Ons.

When the list of installed add-ons comes up, look for
Shockwave Flash Object by Adobe Systems, filename flash6.ocx; it’s an activex control.

If you don’t see it there, click the link on the lower left, “Download new add-ons.” Then search for Shockwave Player. Or, just follow this link: (I’ll have to come back with it)

LM

Soya & LM

Okay you all! I got “Flash Something” installed now and was able to view the installation movie.
Thanks for your help.

dhac

Great (CWY)

No problem! Glad that did the job for you… (:CLP)

LM

Quick question:
For those of us who do not want to install flash,
is there a link to the actual file that can be downloaded
and viewed in ‘media player classic’ or others that
can handle such content?

soccerfan

Not that I know of. It was created by AOwl, a forum mod as a courtesy in the htm format. (unless someone is (:NRD) [I’m looking squarely at Little Mac] enough to figure a way to convert it into a media file).

Play the video in Internet Explorer. Then look for it in Temporary Internet Files. It will be a .swf file. Copy it over to Documents. Done.

Sumimasen, Soya-San. Watashiwa eigoga wakarimasen. ;D

LM

Fresh.

But one has to be able to play it first (which requires flash) before it can be saved. Soccerfan doesn’t seem to even want to install flash, no?

http://www.nordicnature.net/tutorials/comodo/cf24wiz.swf

(right click and save)

Good work, greenhatch

Good old HTML (-:

Many thanks, Greenhatch! (:CLP)

Soccerfan.

Thanx for the link. I can help others with Comodo install.

Nothing better than a visual explanation.

(V)

No problem, Yoda; welcome to the forums! As the saying goes, a picture’s worth a thousand words…

LM