No Welcome screen at startup

1: CIS version:

V12.2.2.7036 (Firewall only)

2: OS version:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

3: What you did:

The “General Settings->User Interface->Show welcome screen on startup” setting is checked (enabled) by default as per installation, however the welcome screen did never show up.
Also after disabling and enabling the setting again the welcome screen won’t show at startup.

4: What you actually saw:

No welcome screen at startup.

5: What you expected to happen or see:

A welcome screen at startup when “General Settings->User Interface->Show welcome screen on startup” setting is enabled.

6: If possible attach a screenshot illustrating the GUI problem

Not applicable.

Hello CISfan,

Thank you for reporting.
Welcome screen shows only one time after PC reboot via Task Scheduler. It is by design.Further need clarifications Please ping us.
Have a nice day!

Dharshu thank you for the feedback.

Since I installled V12.2.2.7036 the “General Settings->User Interface->Show welcome screen on startup” option is still enabled.
However, each time when I restart or reboot my PC I don’t see the Welcome screen.

Where do I have to look in Task Scheduler to see if the Task is listed (e.g. name of the Task) for the Welcome screen to show up?

Thanks.

I’ve checked the “General Settings->User Interface->Show welcome screen on startup” option again:

Here is the steps I performed:

1. “General Settings->User Interface->Show welcome screen on startup” option : Disabled (Unticked, Unchecked)
  2. Reboot PC
  3. After reboot and log-on no Welcome screen.
  4. “General Settings->User Interface->Show welcome screen on startup” option : Enabled (Ticked, Checked)
  5. Reboot PC
  6. After reboot and log-on no Welcome screen.

So whatever is set to “General Settings->User Interface->Show welcome screen on startup” option, I don’t see the Welcome screen.

Thank you.

Hello CISfan,

Please search–>Task Scheduler–>Task Scheduler library → COMODO → There you can see your status of the action (Check whether it’s running or not ).If it’s disabled in the sense please enable to startup.

Hello CISfan,

FYI : I’m on Windows 10 pro 1809 x64 bit.
CIS version : v12.2.2.7036

I tested in all my platforms and for your reference I enclosed the SS also.
Con: Seems did you enable the don’t show this window again ? Please confirm. If you need more clarification please don’t hesitate to ping us and we are ready to help.

Hello Dharshu,

I have attached a screenshot of Task Scheduler, could you please check if the action is running?
The “General Settings->User Interface->Show welcome screen on startup” option is still enabled.

Thanks

Yes as per your SS, the action is running.But still it’s opened or not ?

No, unfortunately not. The Welcome screen still doesn’t show up at startup.
And as far as I can remember I never have seen it, not even after fresh install of v12.2.2.7036.

@CISfan.

Seems this issue arised in the Win 7 platform alone but not in the higher version of windows.let me check that again and return back to you.Please wait.

Ok, thank you.

@CISfan,

Thank you for your great response.
Unfortunately I can’t able to reproduce this issue in the Win 10 but it’s confirmed in the Win 7 Platform.Informed to dev team about this issue,they will check that and will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Kind Regards,
PD

Hello CISfan,

As per CIS team the reported issue is fixed and it will be reflect in the upcoming release.

Kind Regards,
PD

Should be fixed in 12.2.2.7062