No tray icon [Resolved]

Same here…

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,8255.0.html

BOclean no longer closes down ‘itself.’

I was using ‘Autoruns’ to stop a few non essential things from running at start-up and I’ve noticed since I’ve done that BOclean no longer closes down.

Here’s a list of what I stopped from starting…

CTDVDDET - Creative technologies.
CT Helper - Creative technologies.
CTxfiHLP - Creative technologies.
uPDrEG - Creative technologies.

Start CCC - Ati Catalyst Control Centre.

So, one or more of these must have been responsible for BOclean shutting down.

When I get some time I’ll enable them one at a time and see if I can narrow it down. Hopefully it’s a single cause and not a combination!

So far removing the Start CCC - Ati Catalyst Control Center seems to have solved my Comodo BOClean crashes.

I had immediate trouble with the latest ATI drivers - Catalyst 7.4 - the same thing was happening as you have been experiencing, went back to the previous drivers , 7.3, and all well. Mind you this is in a Vista box, my XP box with Boclean and 7.4 drivers didn’t show the problem. A quick look at the ATI site said 7.4 drivers had a problem with Radeon X1600 cards, mine is an X1650. XP box has different card, Radeon 9550.
I am having the same BC icon disappearing problem with Ulead DVD 6, again only on Vista Box and not XP box.

I’m using 7.4 but I only have a problem when the Catalyst Control Centre is running.

Personally I had this issue with Catalyst 7.2 on a WindowsXP SP2 system.

Yeah I’m pretty sure it only happened with CCC running on mine as well, although that day was a bad day for me so just went back to 7.3 as I didn’t have time to stuff around.

Hello all (:WAV)
I’ve noticed this happening to me quite a lot too. I’ve noticed that whenever the icon in the system tray is blue and I go to point to it with the mouse, it shuts down. Mind you, it doesn’t do this consistently, it’s just that whenever it has shut down, more often than not, that’s what I was doing. Kind of weird. :THNK

Yeah, that’s what was happening to me. Do you have an ATi graphics card and Catalyst Control Centre running? If so disable it from start up and see if BOclean still shuts down.

Yes I do have CCC running, but I kind of like having access to it. I think I’ll just keep putting up with it and hope an update is released.

I also have ATI CCC i have the latest version 7.4.

So this is maybe the problem with Boclean disappearance?

I can’t stop using ATI so hopefully there will be a fix soon :wink:

You don’t need CCC running fulltime.

I have no tray icon every time I bootup. The processes are running in task manager. If I kill and reload explorer the tray icon will appear. Also, I never selected the option to hide the tray icon and alerts. ???

Identical problem here. Only downloaded BOClean yesterday - worked fine then.

Evidently the missing tray icons issue this is a known Windows XP bug. This issue is discussed with work arounds at this link:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/01/04/system-tray-icon-missing-from-system-tray-in-windows-xp

I don’t think think this is Windows XP bug, because with some people the tray icon is there ( as it should be ) after bootup, but disappears after some time.

Greetz, Red.

This may not be the case with BOClean disappearing and having to be re-loaded, but it is the case with my problem as I have described. I followed the steps on the page I linked and now I seem to have no problem with the tray icon showing up when I bootup. (:CLP)

In regards to the original-poster’s issue, this has been resolved, as noted in Reply #21 on page 2; this thread will be marked resolved for other user’s benefit, and closed. Joliet Jake, should you need it reopened, just PM a Moderator (please include a link) and we’ll be glad to reopen it.

LM

For everyone experiencing this issue (even if you’ve found a work-around), please report to Kevin in this thread, so he can run some diagnostics to permanently resolve the issue: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,8915.0/topicseen.html

LM